Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
shaving-your-beard-is-like-having-your-first-period-its-27040691.png
Whoa! :)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh and I only just shaved yesterday after a couple of weeks of not haha. So I'm not as manly as you lot!

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am having to wear a uniform right now due to Covid 19 so I have to stay clean shaven....it sucks.

Jacob is scheduled to get braces in a couple weeks.....he is not looking forward to them...he is getting them as all his friends are getting theirs off.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am having to wear a uniform right now due to Covid 19 so I have to stay clean shaven....it sucks.

Jacob is scheduled to get braces in a couple weeks.....he is not looking forward to them...he is getting them as all his friends are getting theirs off.
Can he do Invisalign? Our son did not get his braces until after high school and Invisalign did a great job. I had to wear metal braces for 2 years to straighten my teeth after all my facial surgery. They truly suck rocks. Austin's (our son) were so much simpler and easier.
Granted metal braces are not as invasive but if my Ortho called tomorrow and said he was ready to do my knee replacements I would wait until late summer or fall. Just as a precaution.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can he do Invisalign? Our son did not get his braces until after high school and Invisalign did a great job. I had to wear metal braces for 2 years to straighten my teeth after all my facial surgery. They truly suck rocks. Austin's (our son) were so much simpler and easier.
Granted metal braces are not as invasive but if my Ortho called tomorrow and said he was ready to do my knee replacements I would wait until late summer or fall. Just as a precaution.

No he has a tooth towards the back that has to be corrected with braces.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
SOME semblance of progress!!! This one has been a doozie!
9d89648998a51b7efef7e443326be63c.jpg
oh, wow....tigers over tigers.....yep, that will take a while.

As a kid I gad one, that was a snow white horse on a green background. Eventually we got it finished.
ONCE.
the sea battle by whatchamacallit I have done several times over.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Okay, today's Norwegian baking picture, Lemon Krumkaka. It's a norwegian cookie made one at a time in an iron, and then rolled into a cone shape before they cool and get crispy. They're traditionally made with cardamom, but it's not uncommon for people to make them with almond, vanilla or lemon. They're good plain, as pictured, but I generally fill them with whipped cream and fresh berries before eating a dozen or so of them. Around the holidays, we'll make them and just dust them with powdered sugar.

They're fun to make, especially if you can get a partner to help. One person handles the iron, and the other does the rolling and such. Maybe a little shot of amaretto on ice to sip on while you chat and make these.

lemonkrumkake.jpg

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Golly, a jam packed day today... got a karate seminar on soon with two legend instructors, quick lunch, then scouting out a good creative location to film some blading (I last minute entered a worldwide "iso" online rollerblading comp).

Gonna really need the carbs today!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My landlord caught a couple twenty pound Mahi-mahi yesterday. He gave us four fillets when he came back.

My wife sautéed them in lemon juice, white wine, garlic and capers.

MahiMahi.jpg

Damn, that fish was good!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am fine now.
Mundane things like not getting the trash can emptied....
In holiday weeks, they come a day later.
But you can't tell if they come at 6AM or PM.
Would have been fine if the kid had put the can on the road when I told him....but noooooo. He always makes me beg and threaten....

So I blew my top, spend an hour playing Pokemon on my Switch, and went to the store.

So the can is still full, but I am no longer furious.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is damned impressive.

If you haven't seen this guy's stuff, I highly recommend it. His latest is a squirrel ninja warrior obstacle course. But if you haven't seen his glitter bomb videos, I recommend watching that too. All are linked below for your viewing pleasure:

We watched his squirrel obstacle course a couple of days ago. Impressive work (both his and the squirrels'), and the commentary really makes the video.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished shaving....I have shaved more the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 4 years.

Be glad when the Pandemic is over.....I miss my beard.

bedfb784335d35418e0cae58cada416d_400x400.jpeg
Yeah, I shaved mine off pretty early in the spread of the disease - figured it's better not to have a Petri dish on my face. I'm getting a little used to seeing my face again, but I miss my beard, too. And when I skip a day or two shaving now, it really shows.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I shaved my beard too, which I've done less than 5 times since I separated from the USAF. Mine was long enough to braid before I shaved. I don't even recognize myself now.
I hadn't shaved mine in 15+ years. The Hobbit had literally never seen me without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions