Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Retire? What's that? :idunno:

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thats when I get to stop working this job and start working a new one

That's what my father did. He is now on his second retirement...for now. 33 1/2 years with the Fire Department and 3 years with the County Sheriff (ran the Child Safety Seat Program while serving on the State Board for same). Besides hunting and cutting firewood who knows what he will do now.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why doesnt cinnamon disolve in hot coffee. I try to add cinnamon to my diet since its supposed to be good for you. But it just turns into a slimy glob in the bottom of the cup. its kinda gross.

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why doesnt cinnamon disolve in hot coffee. I try to add cinnamon to my diet since its supposed to be good for you. But it just turns into a slimy glob in the bottom of the cup. its kinda gross.

Cinnamon is virtually impermeable to water. It is the scraping of a bark even when ground it will not dissolve.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Getting old!

I had a strange encounter this morning.
When I took the kid to school, the neighbor's dog was 'entertaining' in my front yard.
Now, Beethoven is a large dog, looks like a miniature St. Bernard.
His friend was not as big as my cats! Some Shi Tzu looking shaved rat.

The little thing is a little grimy, but had a trim, so it belonged to somebody.
They were not hurting anything and got along fine (you should have seen the grin on Beethoven's face, I do declare)

Then a car pulls up. I hear a woman's voice, so I check.

This lady is trying to coax little dog to her (incidentally little dog cowers and runs away from her, hmm...)
Big dog is all over little dog (I think little dog is a girl in season...)

So I ask the lady if little dog belongs to her.
So I go over to gather little dog and approach lady. I am about to hand her dog ver when she backs away 'get this dog away from me'
Huh?
Oh, Beethoven - he really is a friendly soul - wanted to stick close to his friend.
Two more attempts, lady actually making an aggressive move towards big dog. Now how stupid can you be! If big dog is not friendly and you have to assume he's on his home turf....

oh well, I finally hand over the dog.

I was tempted to give lady a big 'you are welcome' as response for her non existing thanks.
bad attitude from front to finish!
Man, calling her a B**** is an insult to female dogs!

I am sure little dog got a beating once they got home....

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Class soon--image processing. Today: The matrix formulation of the 2D discrete cosine transform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions