Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I correct in saying the Nurse Sharks are not the dangerous, but the Black tip can be?

None of them are, really. Even Great Whites, the only reason divers are caged is because they're chumming. If the shops were not intentionally inducing aggressive behavior, it's unlikely that they would bother the divers.
We've dove with Nurse sharks, black and white tip, grey reef, and Bull sharks. And I've seen one hammerhead in the distance.
Bottom line: there isn't anything down there that sees us and thinks "lunch!" If a diver gets bitten (I'm specify divers, because surfers look exactly like seals...) it's because they've done something stupid. We try not to be stupid.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
None of them are, really. Even Great Whites, the only reason divers are caged is because they're chumming. If the shops were not intentionally inducing aggressive behavior, it's unlikely that they would bother the divers.
We've dove with Nurse sharks, black and white tip, grey reef, and Bull sharks. And I've seen one hammerhead in the distance.

Interesting.... I'm still not going diving

Bottom line: there isn't anything down there that sees us and thinks "lunch!" If a diver gets bitten (I'm specify divers, because surfers look exactly like seals...) it's because they've done something stupid. We try not to be stupid.

Yeah, right, sure......then how do you explain THESE!!!!

Matchmaker-Mary-Pool-Shark-Meme.jpg

main-qimg-12afa3ee0cb668486bebe8e68dff424a-c

Oh and I just found this and had to post it

shark-got-pwned_o_2679751.jpg

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Buncha wimps...

No diving this morning. But we're doing two night dives tonight.
That's right, Xue, we're going to be in the ocean in the dark, making it even easier for the sharks to sneak up on us!

I like to feed anemones on night dives.

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have a question.. I have seen the use of the term
Tae Kwon Do player on facebook lately..my question is
why 'player' - I don't play Tae Kwon Do, I don't play
while at Tae Kwon Do.. I train at Tae Kwon Do - I am
a fighter..

Anyone else see this or get the reasoning..??

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If TKD is a sport... what do you call people doing a sport? Players. I've seen it for a couple martial arts, especially those with a more overt sporting side.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I've seen it in reference to judoka, as judo players. I wouldn't sake offense of someone called me a BJJ player.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Spending the morning cooking and baking and going to spend the afternoon working in the yard,

Of course the oldest has REFUSED to help in the yard...... he has some LAME excuse like he has to be back at school today for checkin tomorrow morning.......

Status
Not open for further replies.