Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
After a discussion with my wife this evening I actually wonder if she has a clue as to what I do for a living.... but she sure knows how much I make
Oh she knows that's why I need to do the convincing.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
@granfire do you guys even have heat that far south. Stay warm

We build a campfire in the middle of the living room.
(seriously, forced heat sucks. The second the fan stops blowing, the house get's chilly...planing on putting in a wood burning stove - some time...)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
We build a campfire in the middle of the living room.
(seriously, forced heat sucks. The second the fan stops blowing, the house get's chilly...planing on putting in a wood burning stove - some time...)

3 words....Electric oil heater

5584-4.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oh she knows that's why I need to do the convincing.

I was looking at a job that was $5000/yr. pay cut and I got her to think it was a good idea because it was much closer to our house so I could save on gas plus more time at home to do work there because it was considerably less travel time, the parking was free so I could save money on parking and since it was closer to our house I could go home for lunch and save money on my having to buy lunch so much.....but alas I stayed in my current job.

Look for any type of saving, safety advantage, job benefits, or time benefits to offset the loss of $

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was looking at a job that was $5000/yr. pay cut and I got her to think it was a good idea because it was much closer to our house so I could save on gas plus more time at home to do work there because it was considerably less travel time, the parking was free so I could save money on parking and since it was closer to our house I could go home for lunch and save money on my having to buy lunch so much.....but alas I stayed in my current job.

Look for any type of saving, safety advantage, job benefits, or time benefits to offset the loss of $
Already started my list. Thankfully she's not happy with things at my job right now either so if they hurry I should be good

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
on a different note the weatherman and station say the low for tonight will be 9F.
that' nice as it is already 0F and getting colder

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
on a different note the weatherman and station say the low for tonight will be 9F.
that' nice as it is already 0F and getting colder
Would that not be the high then?
Schools here will start 2 hours later tomorrow, because the temps are expected to hit the single digits....briefly, I expect...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
We are actually warmer than expected at 17F.... but it is supposed to be heading down from here and by the time I head home it is supposed to be 0F and then below zero by morning. The pushed the -35F with wind-chill off to tomorrow and changed it to -40F with wind-chill

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's really cold here too. The thermostat is on the ground floor, and my office is in the basement. It's only like 66 or 68 down here!

Good thing there's a fireplace in the office. I'll light a fire (ok, it's just flipping a switch) before I freeze.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm back in from the cold...only to have to go out again...but much further this time...the temp is now 2 with wind-chill...I'm thinking maybe it can wait until Friday

Elbowgrease

Green Belt
Reaction score
That doesn't sound like fun shopping...
I think my mom's about to have to do the same thing. Had someone house sitting for the holidays, with a long story about how the car got wrecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions