Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
OMG...for the first time in a month...I got the house to myself. I don't know what to do! :eek:

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just got to say I had an absolutely great weekend. Regular training friday evening followed by dinner and a few beers with the guys and gals from the dojo. Sparing on saturday followed by ice bathing in the Oslo fjord. Seminar on sunday with among others Max Mankowitz, boxing coach who taught Cecilie Brækhus before her rise to fame. Does not get much better than this :D

Engasjert+trener

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This past weekend I said I was going back to Taiji and going to start a push hands group as well as go back and refine Siu Nim Tao of Wing Chun... I was told "NO!!!!" It is time to slow down because of my eye...... the discussion continues

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wonder: Do public facilities notice an uptick in utility bills (electric, to be specific) with everybody owning smartphones and tablets, and expecting free charging stations everywhere?
I don't think my local library has that much traffic, but at the airport you see people huddled around the outlets.
Deep thought for the week....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I wonder: Do public facilities notice an uptick in utility bills (electric, to be specific) with everybody owning smartphones and tablets, and expecting free charging stations everywhere?
I don't think my local library has that much traffic, but at the airport you see people huddled around the outlets.
Deep thought for the week....
Surely there is, but the question is whether the rise in the electric bill is offset by traffic. While the cost for electricity varies from place to place, and if you live in an area with a smart grid, it can vary based upon the time of day, we're talking about pennies per kWh. If someone comes into your coffee shop and plugs in for 30 minutes or an hour while sipping their $4 drink, you're more than offsetting the overhead from their charging.

This is particularly true if they came into your coffee shop vs the one across the street who are curmudgeons about the charging thing. In other words, if you chose my coffee shop over the other one because I have good coffee and free charging, that's good for me.

Free charging for tablets is really small potatoes compared to the growing demand for charging stations for electric cars. There are places that charge for charging (no pun intended), places that outsource to companies like Blink, and places that install them and offer free charging for electric cars.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
ever have something to do, that you really shouldn't have to do, but you still have to do it.... and the ramifications of this thing could be rather extreme in about 3 different directions........welcome to my day

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ever have something to do, that you really shouldn't have to do, but you still have to do it.... and the ramifications of this thing could be rather extreme in about 3 different directions........welcome to my day

Yes. Just give in and take out the garbage already. Don't make her tell you again...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
As the Seattle Seahawks prepare to take on the Green Bay Packers for the NFC championship and a trip to their second Super Bowl in a row, I will end every post the same way our QB Russell Wilson ends every interview. That is all. Just so you guys know. :D

Go Hawks!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ran out of fuel oil in the furnace last night. Had to run out and get some diesel to hold me over till today. yep I should check it more often.
Good news is I got out bed early( it was only -8 F outside at the time) and got to the oil company. They delivered before noon and the house is once again warm and comfortable.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So I'm in an IT security meeting today.... emphasis on "security" and we are discussing a piece of hardware for possible purchase and I hear this...

"I don't care about the security, I just love the way it looks"... since I was in an IT SECURITY MEETING!!!! that one kind of stopped me in my tracks

We are not buying it by the way..... no matter how sleek and shinny it may be

Last edited:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So I'm in an IT security meeting today.... emphasis on "security" and we are discussing a piece of hardware for possible purchase and I hear this...

"I don't care about the security, I just love the way it looks"... since I was in an IT SECURITY MEETING!!!! that one kind of stopped me in my tracks

We are not buying it by the way..... no matter how sleek and shinny it may be
I didn't know they let teens work at your company at this level....

Not too cold today, but this drizzle and fog makes the weather creep right into your bones. Blech

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to be 40 today, supposedly. But it's been icky and the roads are still icky.
The reason this irritates me is that I just finished installing a set of TS&P longtube headers on the Corvette, and I'd really really like to get it out and see if my carefully calibrated Butt-O-Meter can detect any difference. And I can't, unless the roads are dry.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions