Reaction score
well.. it turns out that my 'stupid cough' is a touch
of bronchitis but - on the upside - I am feeling better than
last week, still a little rough.. but better

I will say this though.. DO NOT take cough syrup
before you go to bed and then, wake up in the middle
of the night and take a little more and expect to wake
up for practice.. just won't work well :(
Glad you're feeling better, KS. As for cough syrup, I prefer the remedy my wife learned growing up in Ukraine: hot whisky with honey. Sometimes I take it for prophylactic purposes.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It's funny to reread posts I've made from my phone. I typically don't have my glasses on and the keyboard is so small. I'm always surprised if it's 90% what I intended to say. :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny to reread posts I've made from my phone. I typically don't have my glasses on and the keyboard is so small. I'm always surprised if it's 90% what I intended to say. :)
If I didn't have my glasses on, it wouldn't matter which device I was using. Well, okay, with the physical keyboard on my PC and my iPad, I'd do a bit better, but I constantly correct as I type, so it would be a bit of a horror even then.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If I didn't have my glasses on, it wouldn't matter which device I was using. Well, okay, with the physical keyboard on my PC and my iPad, I'd do a bit better, but I constantly correct as I type, so it would be a bit of a horror even then.
I'm good with 'close enough.' I consider this to be like a casual discussion, and unless you're my 8 year old daughter, I'm not going to correct your grammar, it's enough if I understand what you mean. I don't care if you say laxadaisical or irregardless. :D

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm good with 'close enough.' I consider this to be like a casual discussion, and unless you're my 8 year old daughter, I'm not going to correct your grammar, it's enough if I understand what you mean. I don't care if you say laxadaisical or irregardless. :D
I won't correct anyone on it, but it makes my neck itch.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sure you ask on a day I got lazy and didn't venture out in the cold to get coffee.

I am not a big fan of instant, and decaf instant I generally despise, but I will admit, this is the best damn instant decaf I have ever had

Mount Hagen, Organic Fair-trade, Decaffeinated, Instant Coffee.

I am tending towards oraganic decaf these days at home, it seems to cut down on the reflux issues. And unlike the old days when I bought specific types (Tanzania Peaberry, Kona, Sumatran, Ethiopian) and ground my own. I tend to simply go for Organic as my main reason for buying coffee these days. I also now use a Keurig, (but not the cups, I have cups I can put my own coffee in). Unlike the old days when I used a French press exclusively. OK, I will admit I toyed with a vacuum coffee pot and I own an espresso Moka pot as well, but I mainly used a French Press in the olden days of coffee yore. But these days they all just hang out in a cupboard in the kitchen. Well, not the vacuum pot, I gave that away.

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My left foot hurts, has for 2 weeks, going to see the MD Thursday to see what he has to say. But my web search induced hypochondria has told me I am developing a Tailor's Bunion.... lets see what the MD has to say.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My left foot hurts, has for 2 weeks, going to see the MD Thursday to see what he has to say. But my web search induced hypochondria has told me I am developing a Tailor's Bunion.... lets see what the MD has to say.
What, WebMD didn't tell you all foot pain is caused by Eyelid Cancer or something?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What, WebMD didn't tell you all foot pain is caused by Eyelid Cancer or something?

I actually avoided WebMD, I just looked up the pain in the foot I was having and that was the definition that appeared, well there are other possibilities too, but they do not sound as dramatic :D; from this site. Could also be a Stress Fractures based on the pain.

The last time I checked WebMD for a pain I was having their advice was pretty much "time to dig a hole and jump in"....it turned out to be a combination of bone marrow edema and arthritis

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Organic Genmaicha tea and 85% dark Chocolate time
EDF087.png

green-and-blacks-dark-chocolate.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Sure you ask on a day I got lazy and didn't venture out in the cold to get coffee.

I am not a big fan of instant, and decaf instant I generally despise, but I will admit, this is the best damn instant decaf I have ever had

Mount Hagen, Organic Fair-trade, Decaffeinated, Instant Coffee.

I am tending towards oraganic decaf these days at home, it seems to cut down on the reflux issues. And unlike the old days when I bought specific types (Tanzania Peaberry, Kona, Sumatran, Ethiopian) and ground my own. I tend to simply go for Organic as my main reason for buying coffee these days. I also now use a Keurig, (but not the cups, I have cups I can put my own coffee in). Unlike the old days when I used a French press exclusively. OK, I will admit I toyed with a vacuum coffee pot and I own an espresso Moka pot as well, but I mainly used a French Press in the olden days of coffee yore. But these days they all just hang out in a cupboard in the kitchen. Well, not the vacuum pot, I gave that away.
French press makes a good, strong coffee, but I've always likes the vacuum press for a clean pot.

I tend to make espressos with a little water nowadays, but still pull out different contraptions from time to time.

If you have reflux issues but like coffee, you might try using a toddy system to make cold brew. It's very low acid, and makes a great iced coffee. You can also heat it up or dilute it with hot water.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
French press makes a good, strong coffee, but I've always likes the vacuum press for a clean pot.

I tend to make espressos with a little water nowadays, but still pull out different contraptions from time to time.

If you have reflux issues but like coffee, you might try using a toddy system to make cold brew. It's very low acid, and makes a great iced coffee. You can also heat it up or dilute it with hot water.
I love good French press coffee, but lack the patience to get the strength I like, so I end up drinking it too weak.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
On a day off. Raining cats and dogs out there. Having a cup of Kona Peaberry right now (single cup drip), second of the day. But this one has a shot of Sambuca Black in it. Tomato sauce is cooking on the stove, house smells wonderful.

I'm just a pile of giggles right now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.