Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Words of wisdom from Microsoft’s MCSA Windows 10 Study Guide

You must perform a clean install of Windows 10 if any of the following conditions are true:
  • There is no operating system currently installed
That is right up there with my favorite Microsoft Windows error

Keyboard error
No keyboard detected, press any key to continue

This is on a par with the sort of comments we get in radiology reports. Radiologists are notorious for saying things like 'could be this, could be this, cannot exclude this, cannot exclude that...' to the point that there is an urban myth that the Coat of Arms for the College of Radiologists is a Weasel eating a waffle, in a hedge, with a bag of money.

My favorite is always "clinical correlation recommended."
Really? We should look at the patient? That never occurred to us!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well then, when in doubt, we now just say, they're "Code 25"

We use to have a code for idiot when I was security for the state, but it was not official, it was just one we used, but we were not watched as closely as your average PD person. If I remember correctly it was something like Code 115, and it was not on any radio sheets :D

Of course in IT we have the "ID 10 T" error...and my personal favorite the "A 55h ole" error
ID 10 T is one we use, too. We also have PICNIC errors, Problem In Chair, Not In Computer.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Got to say: not a fan. Got a game plan already: put in my year so I can transfer to an agency with a better environment.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
That's a shame. I hate to see someone in a new job and it not turn out well so quickly.
Agreed. Quality of life is important. But at the same time, there are a very few perfect jobs out there. People,who are happiest are those who learn not to sweat the small stuff.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stopping by my old school tonight. Won't get to see my instructor (he teaches the same nights I do), but hoping some of my old partners will be there. At least one will - the current instructor for those classes was a purple belt when I left about a decade ago. That place still feels a little like home when I go there. Very different from where I teach, more formal, more room, more people, but still like home all the same.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
thought about telling my boss he owed me a steak dinner for what he put me through this week....

Considering my luck and the way things are going, I'd end up with a 1$ frozen Salisbury Steak 'meal'

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taught a self defense class tonight at a friend’s dojo. It's at 3,600 feet elevation on a really narrow, windy road. It has plexiglass walls.
Had a lot of fun.

When you go to teach a SD class at another dojo, are you teaching to their students, or is it an open seminar they are hosting?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a good visit back to the old school last night. One of the Associate Instructors was teaching - someone I helped train back when (I teach the same nights my old instructor does, so I don't get to make it to his classes :(). Small classes, so lots of interaction. I got to throw and get thrown much more than I ever do in my own classes, and Roger let me help teach a few things, too. Then the two of us went to grab beers and talk about life, work, and a lot of martial arts stuff.

Good times.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I did not get a chance to watch Walker Texas Ranger last night..... I think I am going into withdrawals...... must...fight...urge...to spinning...back kick.....people.....in....meetings

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I did not get a chance to watch Walker Texas Ranger last night..... I think I am going into withdrawals...... must...fight...urge...to spinning...back kick.....people.....in....meetings
do it!
it will liven things up!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
do it!
it will liven things up!

No you CAN'T install that software
giphy.gif

That violates security policy

post-30644-Chuck-Norris-punching-punch-gi-q6Ys.gif

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When you go to teach a SD class at another dojo, are you teaching to their students, or is it an open seminar they are hosting?

This was just his students, which is usually the way. Sometimes an open one. This dojo just opened in September, took him fourteen months to build it.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was just his students, which is usually the way. Sometimes an open one. This dojo just opened in September, took him fourteen months to build it.
Nice! So, I assume this is a school that doesn't normally orient on self-defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions