Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My program's instructor canceled class last night due to illness (and nobody to fill in). He then sat around and drank hot whiskey. He feels somewhat better this morning.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I got tapped out by a 60 year old man.

He put one of our other guys to sleep. Sneaky gi chokey bugger.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Said goodbye to my oldest dog this week. Maggie was nearly 14. Not nearly as old as the oldest dog I've ever had (Sam made it to 19.5), but old for a fairly big girl. She died quietly at the vet on her own, while being housed there while I was out of town so she wouldn't be alone all day.

She was easily the waggiest dog I've ever had. She wagged at everyone. She wagged in her sleep. She wagged even harder when there was food to be had. Three times in her life she wagged her tail bloody (and didn't seem to notice). When she was older, before arthritis slowed her wag down, she wagged her tail permanently bald.

When we first moved to this area, she was about 8 years old, and while she could still run and play, she was a bit past her prime. She and Reid (now about 8) went for a run in the hills. 2 hours later, they hadn't returned, so I went hiking to look for them. Reid came back without her shortly after I left. About 1/2 mile from my house, I was skirting along a ridge above some houses and Maggie came dragging up to me. She was exhausted (but still wagging like a maniac), and when she got to me, she just laid down and asked for a belly rub. After a minute, I stood up and told her we needed to go home. She just looked at me, so I got to carry her 65 lbs. down off of that ridge to the road so my wife could pick us up. Maggie slept for about 6 hours straight after that before she would even eat.

I hope she's enjoying her wanderings wherever it is dogs go...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Said goodbye to my oldest dog this week. Maggie was nearly 14. Not nearly as old as the oldest dog I've ever had (Sam made it to 19.5), but old for a fairly big girl. She died quietly at the vet on her own, while being housed there while I was out of town so she wouldn't be alone all day.

She was easily the waggiest dog I've ever had. She wagged at everyone. She wagged in her sleep. She wagged even harder when there was food to be had. Three times in her life she wagged her tail bloody (and didn't seem to notice). When she was older, before arthritis slowed her wag down, she wagged her tail permanently bald.

When we first moved to this area, she was about 8 years old, and while she could still run and play, she was a bit past her prime. She and Reid (now about 8) went for a run in the hills. 2 hours later, they hadn't returned, so I went hiking to look for them. Reid came back without her shortly after I left. About 1/2 mile from my house, I was skirting along a ridge above some houses and Maggie came dragging up to me. She was exhausted (but still wagging like a maniac), and when she got to me, she just laid down and asked for a belly rub. After a minute, I stood up and told her we needed to go home. She just looked at me, so I got to carry her 65 lbs. down off of that ridge to the road so my wife could pick us up. Maggie slept for about 6 hours straight after that before she would even eat.

My heart to you, my brother, so sorry for your loss. I'm all teary eyed. Nothing like a good dog.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Sorry for your loss

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ks...and how does that work out at the dojo when he's gone?

The senior highest ranking Black Belts fill in to teach classes
and - thankfully - we have some quality senior students.
That being said, it's just not the same when he's gone -
it's kind of like going to that aunt's house for dinner..the one
that pinches your cheeks and serves liver and onions..
really looking forward to Wednesday!!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Last day of classes for the quarter!

We plan on checking it out. Was that a positive review?

Yeah... so far. I'd say worth a watch, for sure, but not sure whether the style will get old. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions