Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I love Indian food. What did you have?
Well... Lets see. Vindaloo, saag, chicken tikka masala, a rice dish I can't remember the name of, and a potato and cauliflower dish. Way too much food but my son took home the leftovers, along with the leftover jambalaya I made on Saturday.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well... Lets see. Vindaloo, saag, chicken tikka masala, a rice dish I can't remember the name of, and a potato and cauliflower dish. Way too much food but my son took home the leftovers, along with the leftover jambalaya I made on Saturday.
Nomnomnomnomnom!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The food is maybe the only thing I'm actually looking forward to about my trip. Thanks for having a dinner specifically to whet my anticipation. It was nice of you to arrange that for me.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
For one brief and shinning moment there I had the thought..... career change...I should go back for a combined bachelors, masters in health.......... then I thuoght...to old for career change so that can be the after retirement job........then I chuckled and came to my senses

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I know. I love good biryani. And good saag - especially lamb saag.
saag can be a little sweet sometimes. This wasn't. It was really good. The only thing that wasn't outstanding wad the tikka masala. It was good but not great.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
GENERAL PROTECTION FAULT!!!!!!

giphy-downsized.gif

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
We found a decent place to get pho. Good stuff!
There os a pho restaurant in almost every strip mall in my town. Not an exaggeration. They are usually within two doors of a teriyaki restaurant. I read recently that there are more pho places than Starbucks in seattle.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There os a pho restaurant in almost every strip mall in my town. Not an exaggeration. They are usually within two doors of a teriyaki restaurant. I read recently that there are more pho places than Starbucks in seattle.
The place we found has "authentic Japanese cuisine" as their tag line. And a sign for pho in the window. Makes me smile.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The place we found has "authentic Japanese cuisine" as their tag line. And a sign for pho in the window. Makes me smile.
Lol.. Like the world's greatest coffee.

It's similar here. Most Pho places also serve teriyaki.and what they usually refer to as wok food or Chinese wok.

But the pho is usually pretty good. They will also usually serve the noodle bowls and a banh mi.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
2nd interview done. It's out of my hands now. I expect to know by end of week, one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions