AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
WANT!
8044a0b81d24440a760db3c71aee9059--huge-dog-breeds-puppy-breeds.jpg

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Translating this now... This dude seriously bends my brain.

========================

“In society, a man is called smart without any definition of either the type or the degree of his intelligence. The word ‘intelligence’ is a general expression, which provides us with no exact understanding. Intelligence can be divided into a great number of types, entirely different and independent from one another. Thus, for instance, between wit, perceptiveness, common sense, understanding, and other similar types of intelligence, one might possess one but have not a trace of any of the others. You must have met people who were very witty but entirely devoid of common sense; or, on the contrary, those who had plenty of the latter, but not the slightest hint of the former.

“Sometimes it so happens that qualities acquired through upbringing, like erudition, which, on its own, does not give one the right to be considered smart, are mistaken for intelligence. Sometimes, traits one might call secondary, for they do not comprise intelligence, such as cunning, create for someone a reputation of being smart because they are more obvious than other qualities.

“Let us begin with the definition, which type of intelligence should be considered superior to others. The briefest consideration will convince you the most important, most useful, and most necessary of the types of intelligence is common sense. It is related to other types the way diamond relates to other precious stones. But what am I saying? A ruby and an emerald are precious even without diamonds; but wit, perceptiveness, and other types of intelligence are nothing without common sense. " - Antony Pogorelsky, "Twin or my evenings in Malorossia"

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Papa John's doesn't deliver to us. Or Domino's. Publix recently started delivering groceries to our area - so when we want to feel pampered, that's what we do. Order groceries. :smug:
Papa John's sucks. you are not missing much

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nope, not familiar with that particular one. I started with the Myst and Zork series - back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. :) I play a lot of Dark Parables, Grim Tales, Fear for Sale, and Danse Macabre. Lunatics, haunted cemeteries, time-traveling families - good times.

Hehe ah nice, I'll look into those they sound great :D

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nope, not familiar with that particular one. I started with the Myst and Zork series - back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. :) I play a lot of Dark Parables, Grim Tales, Fear for Sale, and Danse Macabre. Lunatics, haunted cemeteries, time-traveling families - good times.
Dark Parables? Dark Tales? Sounds familiar!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dark Parables? Dark Tales? Sounds familiar!
Dark Parables is a seriously twisted and creepy spin on traditional fairy tales - you know "Briar Rose", "Red Riding Hood". Actually... "Red Riding Hood" is kind of awesome - it's not one person, it's a society of rogue female warriors who kick some serious a**.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
yep, playing it, and Last Cinderella...
then I have a couple Poe ones...Dark Tales. Paid a whooping 3 bucks for each double feature.
Dream Chronicles, my other guilty pleasure

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
yep, playing it, and Last Cinderella...
then I have a couple Poe ones...Dark Tales. Paid a whooping 3 bucks for each double feature.
Dream Chronicles, my other guilty pleasure
I LOVE Dark Tales! Those are SO weird! And I love Poe separately - but these are great. Raven is HAWT. :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am so sorry... I cannot imagine how you do it. I would have gone stark raving mad a long time ago.

There are plenty who would say that I have...

Another one of those nights. Intubated 5 people in the first 3 hours of my shift. Three medical, two trauma.
Now it's empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions