Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
My dogs gave me a resounding NO when I suggested they step out.
they act like I try to murder them anyhow when I clip the leash to the collar...
Our dogs - especially half-a-newfie - bounded out like it was the greatest thing ever. They didn't stay out long - probably because of the cold more than anything - but both were covered in snow. As usual, half-a-newfie had snow in his nose and ears. He likes to stick his head into snow and snort it like cocaine.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
When you say "say 'Om'" are there limitations on volume and facial expression when you do it? Is it ok to scream "Om" at the top of your lungs for the purposes of psychological warfare?
Xenascreamgood.jpg

Does not matter...just as long as you say.....Om

fp-1024-1.jpg

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
A folk housekeeping tip for those who get snow. I learned this from my mom and grandmothers. If you have area rugs and a place outside to spread them out, drag them out when it snows, spread them out, and let them get covered in snow. Then brush them off with a good, coarse broom. It doesn't get them perfectly clean, but it helps get rid of a lot of dust and dust mites and small dirt that gets stuck deep in the pile.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its in the 20s here...which is very warm by last weeks standards...and possibly next weeks standards too
Folks here were walking there dogs when we had single digit temps...I actually felt bad for the dogs, the people where all bundled up. However we had a neighbor, who moved a couple years ago, who had 2 Samoyeds that loved being out when it was below zero...... but then..they were Samoyeds.... that is to be expected.
Our "half a newfie" likes it cold, too. He goes out more often in the coldest part of our winter. When it was 8 degrees, he stayed out far longer than the (much younger) pitbull mix. When we get real snow (more than we're getting today), it's not unusual for him to go lay down in the driveway and just look around - something he never does when it's not snowing.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
my 7/8th weenies are not too thrilled.
I guess it's still too cold.
let the air warm up and they run through the snow.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My boss decided to be miffed, because as of 10AM the roads were still closed.
I can't afford to replace the car should anything happen....

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
My boss decided to be miffed, because as of 10AM the roads were still closed.
I can't afford to replace the car should anything happen....
Ugh... what is the point in being miffed at weather? It's not like anyone can do anything about it, unless we keep an army of snow removal equipment across the country - not just in the north.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ugh... what is the point in being miffed at weather? It's not like anyone can do anything about it, unless we keep an army of snow removal equipment across the country - not just in the north.
well, yeah, what's the point, but that doesn't stop them.
Well, I get to make it up on Saturday, hopefully tomorrow there won't be a ton of ice on the road.
Which it probably will...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions