Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes I feel lucky...because it is currently 0 degrees Fahrenheit and that means there is no temperature...therefore I can assume it is not cold or hot...so it must be warm-ish

but this morning it was -2....now that is cold...but I am told warmer than it will be tomorrow morning....

Love the cold.

And look at it like this....

Absolute zero is -459.67 degrees F.

So at 0 degrees you have 459.67 degrees F of heat to help keep you warm. ;)

Or 255.37 Kelvin....Pretty balmy when you think about it.

Last edited:

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Weather Underground is doing THAT again - 24 deg F, feels like 23 deg F. Really? You just HAD to rob us of that one extra degree?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Love the cold.

And look at it like this....

Absolute zero is -459.67 degrees F.

So at 0 degrees you have 459.67 degrees F of heat to help keep you warm. ;)

Or 255.37 Kelvin....Pretty balmy when you think about it.

I'm ok with 0...as long as it is Fahrenheit or Celsius....I am however not ok with 0 Kelvin....Been snowshoeing on the side of a mountain at a tree farm in Pennsylvania at -23 with wind.......didn't mind that either, it was actually fun, but I was dressed for it...not sure what the Wind-chill was, but I am fairly certain it was not 0 Kelvin :D

And you know.... the Bouvier des Flandres I was snowshoeing with did not seem to mind at all...he was bounding though the snow chasing random leaves

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
And you know.... the Bouvier des Flandres I was snowshoeing with did not seem to mind at all...he was bounding though the snow chasing random leaves

cold.jpg

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
on these cold days i think about those who where in the Russian gulag work camps. Gorbachev's glasnost reported "most people died of natural causes"......:pompus: yes, i guess freezing to death could be considered natural when deprived of warm shoes and clothes.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our half-a-Newfie turns into a puppy again every time we get any snow. The more snow, the more puppy-ish he becomes. At one inch of snow, he's pretty interested. At 9" of accumulation, he's entirely goofy.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Our half-a-Newfie turns into a puppy again every time we get any snow. The more snow, the more puppy-ish he becomes. At one inch of snow, he's pretty interested. At 9" of accumulation, he's entirely goofy.

You half newfie would have been incredibly goofy then, there was well over a foot of snow on the ground. My uncle's pup was about 2 at the time so he was still pretty much goofy most of the time.... huge and rather powerful...but still goofy... and he loved the show

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My lovely youngest child is complaining about the cold.
It's 53F there.
If I were Xue Sheng, I'd probably shun her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions