Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, no soup. And no chicken and dumplings....but I do make a really good chicken and dumplings, I love that dish. :)

And I don't hear the noises of roosters, you get used it pretty quickly out here.

My wife has always fed the birds. But we started feeding the feral chickens in our yard, which was a really bad move. Went from two of them to over sixty in six months. Not new ones moving in, they just breed like rabbits. So we stopped feeding them in October.

Anyway, there's only a handful left. One of them we grew rather fond of. We call her Red. She has a broken leg and has to hop. Heard a racket outside the back window, saw two roosters tearing her up, really nasty. I don't usually get involved in the survival game around here, it's a tough place to be a small animal, so many predators - owls, feral cats and mongooses.

Red didn't survive the night.

Went to Walmart to get pellets for a pellet rifle a friend gave me. The place was a zoo. Got the wrong size, have to go back after Christmas. Came home, saw one of the roosters that did her in. Figured I'd make peace, put out some bread for him. Then a large rock fell on his head. Ah, well. One down. I will avenge Red, I really liked her. F the roosters, they're days are numbered.

I didn't know there was such a thing as a feral chicken. Now I have all sorts of weird scenarios for bad MST3K horror movies playing out in my head.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
@Buka

"And as Buka steadied the sights of his friend’s trusty Red Rider BB gun a shadow fell over him. Buka knew then that his years of martial arts training would be needed to survive this day”....(cue the music)...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I didn't know there was such a thing as a feral chicken. Now I have all sorts of weird scenarios for bad MST3K horror movies playing out in my head.

There are indeed. And Hawaii has about three quarters of a million feral cats. Of course you don't see that in the travel books.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are indeed. And Hawaii has about three quarters of a million feral cats. Of course you don't see that in the travel books.
one would think those cats would cull your chicken problem.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all of you and your families.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A few of my favorite artists

I was on that set when the Dropkick Murphys were shooting that vid. They shot it in an abandoned house in Dorchester MA a few years ago. My buddy was directing. Cool guys.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some seasonal tunes for you all...

I'll be gnome for Christmas,
You can count in fleece
Fleas will grow on messed up toes
With lettuce on the tree
I'll be gnome for Christmas,
If only in Jim Beam

X-X-X-X-X-X-X

I'd like to teach the world to scream
in perfect harmony
With broken bones and messed up things
bleeding prettily
I'd like to see the world at once
All fighting hand to hand
And hear them echo through the land
screeching through the land

X=X=X=X=X=X

Bark, the harried beagles bayed
Nylabones for every dog
bees are bad, monkeys wild
Dog eats dinner on the tile
Poodle in a purse, surprise
Sirloin for all the ties

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was on that set when the Dropkick Murphys were shooting that vid. They shot it in an abandoned house in Dorchester MA a few years ago. My buddy was directing. Cool guys.
Of course you were.... <thinks> I have it. All these people are only famous because they had their picture taken with Buka... or because he was present in the vicinity while they were recording something or filming something. <thinks some more. Hastily packs and runs off to catch a plane to Hawaii to take a picture with Buka>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions