Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Doing better today but last night if I stood still I listed to the right and while walking listing to the left. Still have a wind storm going on in my left ear but getting better slowly

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doing better today but last night if I stood still I listed to the right and while walking listing to the left. Still have a wind storm going on in my left ear but getting better slowly
I don't know what (if any) professional advice you've received. I do recall my friend had to cut back on caffeine for a time - apparently it contributes to the fluid retention in that area somehow.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

You need to find out exactly what's causing this. Your description sounds like vertigo, but that has a few causes, most commonly labyrinthitis or a stone in the inner ear. If it's fluid behind the eardrum, then you probably have an infection.
Is the world spinning? Does the sensation get worse when you move your head around? Any nausea?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don't know what (if any) professional advice you've received. I do recall my friend had to cut back on caffeine for a time - apparently it contributes to the fluid retention in that area somehow.

I read that, and I have switched to decaf, and it has been pretty good most of the day, but I decided to go for a regular cup of tea and I am noticing the wind storm is back in my ear. But then it is night and I generally get worse at night.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You need to find out exactly what's causing this. Your description sounds like vertigo, but that has a few causes, most commonly labyrinthitis or a stone in the inner ear. If it's fluid behind the eardrum, then you probably have an infection.
Is the world spinning? Does the sensation get worse when you move your head around? Any nausea?

I'm doing better today, no dizziness, that was only yesterday, and no nausea at all, did not have any nausea since it started. Went to the Doc, but he said "allergy" I don't have allergies. But if it is not better in 2 weeks I can call him back......

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Crazy night at work last night. Hopefully, tonight will be smoother.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hectic here. Working on revising another novel I wrote. Reduced it from 195,000 words to about 130,000. My 6-hour Wing Chun class started last Thursday. Left my girlfriend of nearly 2 years. You know, the usual.

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, are these review tests a matter of re-testing on material from previous tests?

no - they're keup tests - my Instructor refers to them as
'review' or 'maintenance' tests.. between 2nd and 3rd Dan,
we need at least 100 lessons between reviews.. the idea
is to ensure students are staying on track with their training
and not just here and there.. also, it really helps - for me -
with goal setting.. I can work on things consistently, rather
than feeling overwhelmed at one big test..

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
IMG_20171008_115725.jpg
Cool pen I picked up at a craft shop.
IMG_20171008_115810.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hectic here. Working on revising another novel I wrote. Reduced it from 195,000 words to about 130,000. My 6-hour Wing Chun class started last Thursday. Left my girlfriend of nearly 2 years. You know, the usual.
Sounds like good and bad times, Steve.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m doing okay. Some deep struggles on some important decisions, some good stuff going on. Mostly, as my wife puts it, “adulting”.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds like good and bad times, Steve.

Yes, it has been. That was not an easy choice to make, and she wasn't really doing anything bad or wrong. It was just a case of me having to know my own feelings. I felt like I wasn't as invested as her, and I didn't think it was fair to keep her tied to me if that was the way of things.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it has been. That was not an easy choice to make, and she wasn't really doing anything bad or wrong. It was just a case of me having to know my own feelings. I felt like I wasn't as invested as her, and I didn't think it was fair to keep her tied to me if that was the way of things.
I have been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions