Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks, man! Now I need to add the stuff to my grocery list. Maria's going to owe you for this one!

You're welcome, Gary. I had never used Phyllo sheets before, it was a lot easier than I had thought.
Next day off I'm going to try and make some Baklava. That should be fun!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well it appears Mrs Xue is getting a little less over protective since the Wing Chun punch in the eye with associated retinal reattachment surgery....either that or she does not understand what the stye she suggested is.... more news next week

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
the annual reminder on how I get ripped off came in the mail

The company I work for (multi state corporation) administers 401k retirement programs

The first kick in the shin: for every dollar, they give you a quarter....nice, but....well, you'll see.
The next kick:
they picked Wells Fargo. :D
but no.
I don't think I trust that bank - even with....well, we'll get there.

Now the 'start investing now' calculation starts off with
'Invest 3% now'
nice, not a big number.
the example is based on an income of 25k.
or 50k

ain't that a slap on both cheeks:
Reportedly the top earner in the shop only makes a shade under 20k, compared to the roughly 15k, I earn - before taxes.
let alone I can't afford the 48 or so bucks a month to pay in, even if that gives me an extra 12....

and the roughly projected 38k in 20 years -
who thinks that will be worth a thing in 20 years anyhow!

and if I paid in 3% of what I make, round it up with the extra quarter per....that really won't amount to jack....

lord have mercy, I need a better job.
next week is 'appreciation week'
Instead of getting a bonus, we get some breakfast, ice cream and doughnuts....

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
exactly! and while they are down there it woukd surely be a waste if there weren't used.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Had a great weekend. Son won kata, weapons, and fighting at the PKC International in Indianapolis.

Plus got to go to the indoor go kart track during the down time.

Now waiting to compete for Grand Champion

That's pretty darn awesome, right there.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a great weekend. Son won kata, weapons, and fighting at the PKC International in Indianapolis.

Plus got to go to the indoor go kart track during the down time.

Now waiting to compete for Grand Champion
That's a weekend of memories, right there.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's a weekend of memories, right there.

Lot of fun.

The USKA sent him and the rest of the jr national team....they had a great time together.

PSM6meB.jpg

qR2X1d6.jpg

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you use them, you just wear them out. That's a waste.
Must keep them new, pristine, untouched...because if you touch them...you might break them....and that WOULD be a waste of money
no! your supposed to break them! thats how you know your improving. just go to the store and buy more. its just money right? no big deal :cool:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, today was a total S***Storm....
and went interesting from there.

It's really bad when you chase your equipment all over the place for half an hour, because, well NIGHT SHIFT DID IT!!!! (well, 2nd, they suck)

then suddenly the good news!!!
Hospital is taking in evacuees from Florida hospitals...hence, the new level of YEAHHH!!!

We are running a skeletal crew, because we need to take our vacation before the end of the month, and tomorrow the house will be full.
I will not answer my phone tonight, not tomorrow.

and after I had to find my supplies this morning, the reminder that 'we are all one team' at quitting time made me bite my tongue real hard.
It's bad style to cuss the assistant director out, isn't it?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Kids today....they will believe ANYTHING they read on the internet..... and I should know...ahd to talk my oldest down more than once...... but since I am into bursting youthful bubbles...this is the only REAL money tree....and it does not really grow money... but it does cost money...rather ironic actually.....

watering-bg-moneytree.jpg

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kids today....they will believe ANYTHING they read on the internet..... and I should know...ahd to talk my oldest down more than once...... but since I am into bursting youthful bubbles...this is the only REAL money tree....and it does not really grow money... but it does cost money...rather ironic actually.....

watering-bg-moneytree.jpg

because i like being right at the end of the day technically this is also called a money tree... it doesn't grow money but that is what people call it! :p
money-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.