Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Made this pie last night. Butter nut squash, red onions, Swiss chard, Parmesan, goat cheese and Feta cheeses, wrapped in twenty sheets of phyllo pastry. It was killer.

PiePhilo.JPG

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made this pie last night. Butter nut squash, red onions, Swiss chard, Parmesan, goat cheese and Feta cheeses, wrapped in twenty sheets of phyllo pastry. It was killer.

View attachment 20969
That sounds pretty awesome, brother. Do you have a recipe for that, or does it just read, "Put all that **** in some phyllo and bake it."

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think I ever read the entirety of a book that was assigned. Some I've read since then, and found fulfilling, but I had a major quite rebellious streak. I read a ton, but not what teachers wanted me to. Fortunately, my dad had a good library of sci-fi, psychology, self-help, Shakespeare, and philosophy.

Yes, later on I wound up reading some of them to see what I was missing. I read WAR AND PEACE, MOBY DICK (which I wound up really loving), a couple Dickens novels, and several Fyodor Dostoyevsky novels.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I think I got a pretty good deal today, got a pair of Century Brave 12oz Muay Thai Boxing gloves for $20.00. They were marked that on the shelf. But when I got to check out they told me they were $38. I told them they were marked $20 on the shelf...so they gave me the gloves for $20

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
2 cars in the garage. It was a long day but very productive. Next weekend have a lot of junk to take to the hazardous disposal drop off.

My wife is very happy which makes me very happy. :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 cars in the garage. It was a long day but very productive. Next weekend have a lot of junk to take to the hazardous disposal drop off.

My wife is very happy which makes me very happy. :)
To quote Niecy Nash (formerly of Clean House): "Happy wife, happy life."

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That sounds pretty awesome, brother. Do you have a recipe for that, or does it just read, "Put all that **** in some phyllo and bake it."

I do have a recipe, gonna' take me a while to write it though. I'll get back to it later. Tried taking a couple pics of the recipe and sending it to my computer [I be a first time new I-phone fool] But apparently it got lost in the cosmos.

On a completely unrelated note - this was the sky at work last night. It was way cool.
RedSkyAirport.JPG
cool.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had a great weekend. Son won kata, weapons, and fighting at the PKC International in Indianapolis.

Plus got to go to the indoor go kart track during the down time.

Now waiting to compete for Grand Champion

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do have a recipe, gonna' take me a while to write it though. I'll get back to it later. Tried taking a couple pics of the recipe and sending it to my computer [I be a first time new I-phone fool] But apparently it got lost in the cosmos.

On a completely unrelated note - this was the sky at work last night. It was way cool.
View attachment 20971 cool.
Thanks. And very cool sky - now quit gloating. :p

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I looked at MT without logging in and I can see the people that I have on ignore, and I read through a couple, shall we say, exchanges and all it made me think was this (just substitute MT for Camelot)

logging off, I will think about it before I log in tomorrow.... just does not seem to be a whole lot of martial arts "discussion" going on...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But don't think you get to just leave.
Or I will have to come and find you, and take pictures of your home gym!

How hard can it be, right!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

View attachment 20969
That looks awesome. We made a sort of... I don't know... Indian fried chicken? Marinated boneless chicken thighs in yogurt, saffron and garlic, then fried in a flour dredge with dried mint, paprika, cayenne pepper, and other spices. Served with mashed taters and a white gravy (used remaining flour dredge for the roux.). Sort of a southern/eastern mashup. Was delicious.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks awesome. We made a sort of... I don't know... Indian fried chicken? Marinated boneless chicken thighs in yogurt, saffron and garlic, then fried in a flour dredge with dried mint, paprika, cayenne pepper, and other spices. Served with mashed taters and a white gravy (used remaining flour dredge for the roux.). Sort of a southern/eastern mashup. Was delicious.
That does sound good, Steve. Who knew I'd find so many good cooks among the martial artists?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Here you go, bro.

Recipe1.jpeg

Recipe2.jpeg

Next time I'm adding some chopped Roma tomatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.