larry tatum

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
I personally enjoy watching Mr. Tatum, and he is extremely knowledgeable. I do hear a lot how he does not hit his targets but that may only be when hes demonstrating and teaching to his students, during seminars, or on his videos. I have never really noticed anything, and even if he misses a target here or there so what??? the man can use his body and those strikes would go through you.

Go to one of his seminars and you will see he hits his targets! He is a great teacher. There are many greats out there, and he is one of them.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I personally enjoy watching Mr. Tatum, and he is extremely knowledgeable. I do hear a lot how he does not hit his targets but that may only be when hes demonstrating and teaching to his students, during seminars, or on his videos. I have never really noticed anything, and even if he misses a target here or there so what??? the man can use his body and those strikes would go through you.
I think this is an inaccurate statement. Please get some first hand experience with the man first before you make a statement like this.

hapkenkido

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have never trained with Larry Tatum but i do have his books and videos. When I frist was looking for a kenpo school to train in I sent him an email asking for any suggestions in my state. He not only sent me a reply email but also did a follow up phone call. With him taking the time to do that for someone he had not met makes him one hell of a guy. From his books and video I find him a great conveyor of information.

KrayONE

White Belt
Reaction score
I think this is an inaccurate statement. Please get some first hand experience with the man first before you make a statement like this.

Ok so I am inaccurate because I don't know what people say to me? I never said he misses targets. I said I HEAR other kenpoists say that he misses targets. I would never say something like that because Ive never witnessed him in person. please reread!

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok so I am inaccurate because I don't know what people say to me? I never said he misses targets. I said I HEAR other kenpoists say that he misses targets. I would never say something like that because Ive never witnessed him in person. please reread!

Or - rephrase at the least perhaps stating what you heard, and asking others opinions or experiences. Making a flat statement of "what you heard," suggest you share the opinion sir. Don't be defensive sir, no one is jumping on you. Just learn and grow. :)

Latest Discussions