LadyTkd

T

TKD USA

Someone, I don't care who has ,it pass me the Idiot of The Century crown

For about a month now this lady ( i wont call her old ) has been coming to our dojang and helping us. My instructor said she was an important person in Taekwondo but I dismissed the idea as my instructor just making small talk. It was today at blackbelt testing that another one of our instructors said she was LadyTkd (the founder of http://LadyTKD.com. )

If any of you are asking why i started this thread is for you to tell me how unobservant ( sorry if spelled incorrectly) I am or to tell me if you have met anyone famous in TKD and what you said to them.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:shrug:

Pay attention to your teacher next time. :whip:

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, as long as you treated her respect, I wouldn't think you had to know her name or her internet name.

I once met a 7th dan before a tournament-still getting the floor together. I wasn't in uniform and neither was he and we just chatted. I had no clue, but when we donned our uniforms, it was a little embarrassing, so I know how you feel. TW

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The copywrite at the bottom says Rhonda Sweet. Never heard of her, wouldn't know her if I met her, don't really care.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Haven't done that in martial arts, but did it in the military. Met a general at the base exchange aboard GTMO one time. We had a very nice discussion on steaks and the fact that you couldn't buy bottled beer on the base. I realized my error the next day at a company formation when he stepped out with a star on each collar and I was standing there with my stripes hanging out. It happens, and often I think it shows us that people that we hold in almost mythological stature are really just people like us who happened to have excelled at what they do. It was nice to know that the general enjoyed a good steak and cold beer as much as the rest of the troops did.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Brad Dunne said:
What is LadyTKD famous for?
Ms. Sweet has run her website which was previously labeled something like, "Rumors, Speculation and Innuendo." It is the Taekwondo equivalent of the National Enquirer.

Met her at the Tekno booth at USTU Nationals in 2002.

Miles

OP
M

MikeMartial

Miles said:
Ms. Sweet has run her website which was previously labeled something like, "Rumors, Speculation and Innuendo." It is the Taekwondo equivalent of the National Enquirer.

Met her at the Tekno booth at USTU Nationals in 2002.

Miles
Sounds like something TKD really doesn't need.

TX_BB

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Actually it's something TKD really needs. Lady TKD tends to shine the light of day on both the sport and the buisness side of TKD. She is very opinionated, some will say brash, harsh or arrogant but I've always thought she errors on the side of the athelete. As an advocate to the atheltes she has put herself in tkd jeopardy many a time to help root out bad practices and attitudes with in the TKD community. I believe that LadyTKD has been one of the strong forces to influence US TKD, she has helped TKD community understand the American concept of "the rule of law".

Since she is a referee and lives in an adjoining state I do run into her occasionally, so not much more than visual aquaintances. My opinion is based on things she has done and her own writings. She normally deals in an open manner and her website conveys her interest. Go ahead and see for yourself at http://news.ladytkd.com/ .

OP
A

altondragon

Well whoop de do and la ti da....every one should treat eachother with the same amount of repsect ...no more no less because the are "famous " or not. I think really the theory of "one must earn my respect" is a crock..rather one always deserves repsect and un earns repsect or gains more repsect...respectively. LOL dont be to hard on yourself....But it's always good to listen to your teacher! At least you didnt challenge her to a fight....

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
altondragon said:
Well whoop de do and la ti da....every one should treat eachother with the same amount of repsect ...no more no less because the are "famous " or not. I think really the theory of "one must earn my respect" is a crock..rather one always deserves repsect and un earns repsect or gains more repsect...respectively. LOL dont be to hard on yourself....But it's always good to listen to your teacher! At least you didnt challenge her to a fight....
Great post altondragon, one should always have respect for each other as far as ladyTKD she is very outspoken about her thoughts and to me that is a good thing atleast you know where you stand with her.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another great little reminder that it's always wise to be polite - and maybe even kind - to everyone you meet, you never know who that other person will turn out to be. :)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
Another great little reminder that it's always wise to be polite - and maybe even kind - to everyone you meet, you never know who that other person will turn out to be. :)
All hail the Feisty One! :partyon: Couldn't have said it better myself!

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The movie "Melvin and Howard" was about a guy named Melvin who stops to pick up a hitchhiker named Howard. Whether or not this actually happened, I don't know. Anyway, Melvin is a decent guy, and he treats Howard with respect and talks to him as a fellow human being. Didn't talk down to him or disrespect him because he was a hitchhiker, the way he could have.
After he takes Howard to where Howard is going, he drops him off and thinks nothing of it. However, not too long afterward, Howard Hughes the reclusive billionaire dies and leaves Melvin a considerable sum of money. Noone can figure out why. Turns out, "Howard" was Howard Hughes. And HH was so impressed at the respect and courtesy that Melvin gave him without knowing who he was that he willed him the money to say "Thanks".

OP
T

Teh Tot

I was at a black belt test last may and grand master sereff was giving a seminar later in the day. I thought that he was a big tough serious type of guy at first, but he came out in his blues and slouches in his chair. after the seminar, everyone lines up to get their do-bok signed and since this was supposedly the last time he is going to come to the Northwest, I decide to get mine signed as well. So i go up to him and I'm wearing a shirt with a sarcastic message on it, and he stops and reads my shirt and laughs, and that more than anything else made me believe that he's just like anyone else, just with a bunch of training.

Latest Discussions