Kung-Fu San Soo?

pstarr

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've heard a lot about Kung-Fu San Soo but I know very little about it's background or make up...can anyone fill me in?

L Canyon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think San Soo is a great art. I study here: http://www.sansooreseda.com/index.html
Paul Borisoff (our teacher) wrote about the art in the "Brother Art?" thread in the Kenpo forum here on MT. It's a really interesting read on the comparisons/contrasts with EPAK.

Just was promoted to brown belt this week. In the past I have done Aikido (3 years) and a "hybrid" blend of striking/kicking/grappling for 2 years, but San Soo really puts it all together for me, and I have very much more to learn.

There is an large emphasis on hand to hand applications - forms are 26 moves each and are used for balance, coordination, etc. But mostly everything is "hands on", with many variations in striking, kicking, joint locks, and throwing/takedowns. Combinations of moves are taught, and from yellow belt onward we are allowed to "spar" and creatively put our own combinations together. Footwork is emphasized for positioning and transferring power. Too bad the art is so little known, and practiced mostly in Southern California.

CrushingFist

Blue Belt
Reaction score
From what I read in answers.com is exactly what I would be looking for as RIGHT NOW to learn in this point of life. Hoping its true

Latest Discussions