Kukkiwon Help

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I need help! Has anyone successfully registered for the Kukkiwon Membership System? If so, how long does it typically take?

We have students who'll be ready to test for 1st dan in the next 4-6 months (and I'm eligible for my 3rd soon as well), so I've been trying to get our registration set up. I've submitted an application on their website for an individual recommender (for Mr WaterGal, who's a 5th dan) 4 times since June, and still haven't received any confirmation or information from them. I even tried e-mailing one of the staff members listed on the KMS "About" page last week to follow up, and haven't got a reply.

Does it normally take a few months for the registration to go through and I'm just being impatient? Or are we having an unusually hard time, and I should stay persistant and try calling Korea? I've never called Kukkiwon before, do they have people answering the phones who speak English?

I appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thanks!

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It took me more than a year from the time I initially contacted them to when I finally received the package with membership info. I emailed several times but got no response during that time. I'd call them and see if you can speed it up. Look onthe KOMS website for the number.

I hope that helps.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They not only speak English, but my experience is that they speak it quite well. They've been very helpful & responsive, when I've contacted them.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've never called Kukkiwon before, do they have people answering the phones who speak English?!

As others have said, they definitely do. I'm on Kakao with a few of them. If you want, PM his real name and I'll chase for you.

Alternatively, PM me and I'll give you the head of the international department's name and email address.

OP
W

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks, everybody. Funnily enough, I actually got an e-mail back from KKW the day after I posted this. So I think it's coming along.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
And there we have it.. MartialTalk...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions