Kukkiwon Certification

D

Disco

I have been noticing several different Kukkiwon issued(?) certificates on different web sites. Are there different Dan certificates being issued or should they be all the same? They all bear Un Young Kim's signature and they have the picture of the Kukkiwon on the certificate, but they are all totally different from each other. Any info would be appriciated.

OP
D

Disco

www.uscdka.com
go to media top of the page - into photo gallery - go to 9th dan testing page 4.

www.jlim.net
gallery - to certificates - kukkiwon 6th dan

I'll attempt to find some other's if I can remember where they are. But these two will do for now.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Disco said:
I have been noticing several different Kukkiwon issued(?) certificates on different web sites. Are there different Dan certificates being issued or should they be all the same? They all bear Un Young Kim's signature and they have the picture of the Kukkiwon on the certificate, but they are all totally different from each other. Any info would be appriciated.
Disco,

Several years ago Kukkiwon changed the format for the 9th dan certificate-it is horizontal not vertical.

All Kukkiwon certificates now issued have GM UHM, Woon Kyu's signature as he is President of Kukkiwon.

Miles

OP
D

Disco

Miles, thanks for the info. All these certs were issued under Kims appointment. I have never seen a 9th dan cert, so thank you for the clarification. All my certs and those of my former Korean Master all were the same. They looked the same as the one on jlims site, with the exception of the attached seal at the lower left bottom. Ours just had the round Kukkiwon stamp - middle right on jlims and Kims signature. As I stated, when an 8th dan has all his certs posted on the wall and they are all the same, when I see different one's posted on sites, I naturally become interested.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Disco said:
Miles, thanks for the info. All these certs were issued under Kims appointment. I have never seen a 9th dan cert, so thank you for the clarification.
No problem Disco! I have never seen a 9th dan certificate up close-but I did see the article describing the change in the Kukkiwon newsletter.

Good Luck!

Miles

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I saw my Instructor's certificates when he attained 9th Dan, but honestly I don't remember the layout of it. I do remember them being made of either marble or granite and very heavy.
I do know the Seal on my Kukkiwon 4th Dan certificate is right center. The certificate itself is aligned vertical, but it is also from 1997.

Latest Discussions