Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
What makes a instructor qualified?
By MARSHALLS KENPO - 01-18-2010 07:57 PM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshaveli (Post 118117)

There was nothing disrespectful about the post, it's true...he was asked for an opinion, and he gave it. I've disagreed with Mr. Chapel at times before, but not here. "Amen" is right. It doesn't matter what the break down is, as long as the instructor is genuine! I personally teach the 32 techs up to green, then make people re-work the levels through browns, so by the time they get to black, they have learned all the forms and did the system twice. But, if what I am teaching isn't good, then it doesn't matter if they do it a 100 times, they will be poor black belts. Criticism is much needed in Kenpo nowdays, it's become a pow-wow club where feelings matter more than knowledge. Granted, it should be done objectively and with manners. Problem is that many people criticizing are themselves no better, they just have a different flavor of "bad". My opinion -- good instructor teaching sound basics UNTIL people learn them right is way more important that the sequence or number of techniques.

So how do we as instructors today standarize what is and is not acceptable in the kenmpo world so that this issue, is not passed down to the next generation?

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Latest Discussions