KT:Perceptual spead and natural weapons

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Perceptual spead and natural weapons
By MARSHALLS KENPO - 10-26-2009 09:52 AM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

When we consider the vast number of techniques and the variations of application within the system we start to see road blocks.

Perceptual,mental and physical speed all play a role in the overall quickness of the individual; notice I said quickness and not speed. Quickness is explosive,while speed is gradual increase.

Over the years I have been asked ( how did you get to be so fast)?
First and formost, I dont consider myself fast, nor am I as quick as I once was during my younger days. A persons body will reach its peak and then start to deteriorate over time, it is a given. So how do we compensate for the deterioration,aging, and the mental constipation that keeps us from reacting in a effective manner?

To understand the system we need to understand what it is and the person who created it.We also need to understand what it is not. What is/was the strength of the person ( Mr. Parker) who created it. Then we can look at ourselves and our weekness to talior the art to us.

The system is a right handed art so it has been said, and it is. But have you ever noticed that some right handed people stumble through it just as some can do the left side of the material better then the right side?

Mr. Parker was a ( Right Brain thinker,right eye dominate, right ear listener, right handed,and right leg dominate man). Guess what I am not, therefore the applications I use and how I use the material has to be taliored to my strengths, not Mr. Parkers.

Case in point. I am left eye dominate person, therefore techniques like (Back breaker) would break principle for me. Why because I have to turn my head to the right in-order for my dominate eye to register the mental process needed to engage the physical response. Right eye dominate people just step into the technique, because the attacker is in perceptual view.

How can we determine and use this information ? That will be discussed depending on the feed back to the thread.

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thinks its important to get behing a guy, when need be, in some cases; so, doing it by feel would be preferable in a contact manipulation situation.
Sean

Latest Discussions