KT:Lone Kimono - Stance Change?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Lone Kimono - Stance Change?
By J Ellis - 10-25-2009 11:15 PM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

How many (if any) use a stance change between the first two moves of Lone Kimono? Specifically, how many use a Forward Bow while transitioning from the upward forearm strike to the elbow to the inward downward diagonal forearm strike to the top corner of the arm/elbow joint?

Hopefully that is clear as mud.

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I step straight back, towards 6, then transition to a neutral bow as I do the upward strike to the elbow. Sometimes I take another slight adjustment step as I do the inward/downward block to the arm.

KenpoGer

White Belt
Reaction score
When I perform lone kimono i first check his hand ( as we always do)
I step back and try to find a base (forwardbow), then i use the tork created through the change of my forwardbow to my neutralbow to get more power into my strike.
That´s the way i was taught it because when you just step back in your neutralbow i personally think you don´t have enough power to possibly break or hurt his arm.

Salute, Timm

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lone Kimono - Stance Change?
By J Ellis - 10-25-2009 11:15 PM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk
====================

How many (if any) use a stance change between the first two moves of Lone Kimono? Specifically, how many use a Forward Bow while transitioning from the upward forearm strike to the elbow to the inward downward diagonal forearm strike to the top corner of the arm/elbow joint?

Hopefully that is clear as mud.

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Clear as the Mississippi. LOL

Traditionally, the only stance change is from a natural standing position into a right neutral bow.... that is unless you consider the cover out as well. :)

Stepping back extends the attacker's arm, making it more rigid so that you CAN do more damage to the elbow. That's the point. Kenpo's not gentle.

The only time I introduce another stance, is when inserting (per the equation formula.)

Sometimes, between the initial arm break and forearm strike (frictional pull) I will insert a back-knuckle to the attacker's ribs; it flows well for me. At that time I will transition into a forward bow, but I transition right back into a neutral afterwards and that can generate additional tourque for the forearm strike (frictional pull) prior to the sword hand to the throat.

Muddy enough for ya? LOL

MattJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I did it exactly the way Celtic describes it (back knuckle and all, LOL). Settling into the neutral bow with the opponent's arm extended has always worked fine for me. There *may have* even been an eye-rake on the way to the intial wrist pin. But it did make me sad if the opponent never got to finish his grab, and couldn't see as I unloaded on him.......

.............or not. :)

Latest Discussions