Knife Attacks on British Police.

T

Titan Uk

No it is a stab proof vest which offer a limited amount of ballistic protection.

Gulo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
would be nice to see it as an assisted opening folder. for safety reasons of course.

if i could play with it, i'd grip it like a push dagger.
nice multi-tool if i may say so.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My alma matr in Athens, Ohio University, recently had its annual Halloween celebration, and during the off-campus festivities there was an occurance of some rather brutal stabbings.

Apparently a couple of men were accosting a woman and were confronted by two men seeking to come to her defense. One of the aggressors pulled a knife and stabbed one guy in the gut and the other about five times in the legs. As this happened a police officer arrived to investigate. As he closed to assess the situation the man with the knife stabbed him in the chest and then ran.

The police later picked up a few suspects. The officer, the first victim and the girl are expected to make a full recovery, but the guy who got hit multiply in the legs will probebly face the loss of at least one of his legs.

The cop was wearing a bullistics vest, but the kevlar is a fiber weave and not made to stop knives. Blades cut through the fibers faily easily. There are "anti-knife" or "anti-stab" vests, but they offer very little bullistics defence. I guess you can't have it all, but I hear the military has a very very expensive vest that can give a fairly good measure of protection from both.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yari said:
It's sad when things like this happen, special when the guy was just doing his job.

But I dont agree on that he lost his life because of the ban. You could just as well have said it's because people smoke. If they hadn't smoked they wouldn't have to ban etc. etc. etc......

There was a lot of discussion of the ensuing court case on Eskrima Digest. Some posters knew the assailant's instructor. It makes for interesting reading. Apparently, the judge spoke of the man's 'evil-looking' knife as a point against him!

Latest Discussions