Kimbo Moves 2 Boxing

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well Kimbo Slice has decided that it is better for him to switch to boxing rather than stay in MMA. He has 2 fights under his contract left and says he will honor them and then after that it is onto the boxing ring.

With his weak chin (Seth P. proved that with a short jab) this may not turn out any better but I will wish him the best of luck. Takes a man to admit when he has met his limitations.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/963/963423p1.html

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have never liked the guy, even when he was fighting in Fl. He always wanted all of his fights with his rules and was never really suited for MMA.

IMO, good riddens.

AoCAdam

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was never a fan of Kimbo but if Bas Rutten says the guy works as hard as every other fighter he deserves some credibility. Hopefully he finds what he is looking for. Many people forget that he was thrown into the main stage very early and should have been continued to fight people his own skill range to build him up instead being thrown into the main events.

Reaction score
I was never a fan of Kimbo but if Bas Rutten says the guy works as hard as every other fighter he deserves some credibility. Hopefully he finds what he is looking for. Many people forget that he was thrown into the main stage very early and should have been continued to fight people his own skill range to build him up instead being thrown into the main events.

That's a good point. Too often we blame fighters for rising up the ranks quickly (such as Lesner in UFC) when it's the guys running the show who are the ones arranging and show-casing.

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That's a good point. Too often we blame fighters for rising up the ranks quickly (such as Lesner in UFC) when it's the guys running the show who are the ones arranging and show-casing.

Yeah that is very true. I finad it hard to believe that if anyone here was in that situation, we would turn down the chance and all that money.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
He had to be thrust into the main events.......he's 35 years old, he doesn't have very long to be remotely competitive.

Kimbo does appear to have a work ethic, and does seem to have some natural talent.........but his BIGGEST downfall is that he started MMA at an age when most guys are at their peak, and looking in the distance toward retirement.

Had Kimbo perhaps started 10 years ago, he might have been someone.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Big mistake for Kimbo if true. His glass jaw will be exposed.
I think the problem is, less, going to be his glass jaw......and more his age, actual skill and question of his conditioning.

Anyone can get knocked out.....I don't really think it's fair to say Kimbo has a glass jaw.......vastly overrated skill? Probably. Glass jaw? I don't think so much.

Latest Discussions