Kickboxing : Grading

Poggy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi all :)

I've just been searching the net to find the answer to this but haven't had much luck. I forgot to ask my instructer last night...

But what i'm trying to find out, is how many belts are there in Kick Boxing, what order & what is required for each belt?

If anyone has a link to a site with this information on, then that would be great!! :)

Had a lesson last night... and damn!!! My feet are killing me!!! 3rd week now (3rd lesson). I love it!!! :) So glad i'm back into doing it again hehe

Anyway, speak soon.

Dan!

O

OC Kid

Things may have changed but when I was kickboxing both american and thai the only belt you got was a championship belt from wining fights.

Though I have heard tell that some places now do use some sort of belt system to let the student/parent judge heir progress. But to me if they want a belt system they might as well go into a contact Karate system.

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree. The kickboxing I have participated in and now train had no belts.

you kicked butt or got your butt kicked.
BUT...
I now have a teaching licence through W.A.K.O here in england and they DO have a syllabus!
I have seen a sample of it.
I do believe you can find it at www.wakogb.co.uk
I have seen one for a VERY successful instructor here...and I am astounded by it!
But thats a different story.
I just use them for insurance.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
I can not speak for all instructors, but mine does not have a belt structure in Muay Thai that I know of.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
In the ol days, there wasn't a belt ranking. There was the specifcs of certain kick boxing associations requesting that a contender be a black belter holder first.

OP
P

Poggy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I myself am not too bothered about belts, i would just like to learn & train in the Kick Boxing martial art. I was just curious as to how many belts there was, etc. I shall ask tonight.

Thanks for your replies :)

Oh, have any of you noticed... when you tell a non-martial artist about a Black Belt, they always come out with a comment along the lines of "best not mess with him!!" the thought of a black belt seems to scare them a bit!

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Maybe in the old days. Not as much now. So many questionable black belts running around it's hard to take them seriously.
When I see some guy wearing a black uniform, with umpteen patches, red trim, and 8 hash marks on his belt, trust me fear is NOT the emotion running through my head!

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
MichiganTKD said:
Maybe in the old days. Not as much now. So many questionable black belts running around it's hard to take them seriously.
When I see some guy wearing a black uniform, with umpteen patches, red trim, and 8 hash marks on his belt, trust me fear is NOT the emotion running through my head!
same here....that was interesting. Perhaps a "walking quilt"?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MichiganTKD said:
I know when I see it I snicker in dis belief especialilly when they are all about 30 years old. I have to say today so many BB inevery Art.

Razul eaox

White Belt
Reaction score

Agreed. So many instructors are giving away belts in many different styles. Ive seen a 3rd degree black belt in 5th grade :/ and many with a first degree that are only 8!

Latest Discussions