Ki " inner energy " ?

I

IFKQ80

I don't understand many things about Ki " inner energy " all I know is that it's located in the Tandan and it makes you stronger in different way's !! But I'm sure there is more into it, I hope someone can explain it to me?

I even hear people say something like you can knockout someone with your Ki without touching him/her " hmm Strange ", I saw some video clip's of Ushiba " the founder of Aikido" doing some strange things to his student's with out even touching them is that true " with respect to him of course " ?

Need more information if anyone can help I would be more then happy?

http://p.creantor.online.fr/Aikido/OSENSE-N.MPEG

IFKQ80

OP
O

OC Kid

There have been photos taken of people doing some breaking and the item was breaking before the fist hit the brick.

Now what I was told is that Ki is a universal force that flows through everything (think star wars)

BUT as a Christian I believe it is part of the human spirit. God created us body, mind and spirit. We as humans need to learn more about it as a gift tthat was given us when we were created. please dont turn this into a religous thread. This is only my opinion.

spatulahunter

Green Belt
Reaction score
In my jujutsu classes we talk about ki and aiki quite a bit but instead of it being a mystical force that can be projected to hurt things without touching them, we think of it as the energy or force of the persons attack and how it can be used against them or how it can be easily diffused to take control of a bad situation

OP
J

Josh

OC Kid said:
There have been photos taken of people doing some breaking and the item was breaking before the fist hit the brick.

Now what I was told is that Ki is a universal force that flows through everything (think star wars)

BUT as a Christian I believe it is part of the human spirit. God created us body, mind and spirit. We as humans need to learn more about it as a gift tthat was given us when we were created. please dont turn this into a religous thread. This is only my opinion.

hey man, that's awesome stuff.

OP
K

Kevin Walker

spatulahunter said:
In my jujutsu classes we talk about ki and aiki quite a bit but instead of it being a mystical force that can be projected to hurt things without touching them, we think of it as the energy or force of the persons attack and how it can be used against them or how it can be easily diffused to take control of a bad situation
Hi,

I earned a Nidan in Hakko Ryu Jiu Jitsu.

I am a big believer in Ki, Chi, Nae Bop, or any word used to describe the cultivation and development of internal strength.

As I described in a previous thread, I fully believe that the only reason I survived a 40 foot drop to a concrete hard wooden log (called a 'camel') is because of all the ukemi practice (falling) I had accumulated from years of Judo and Jiu-Jitsu practice. It toughened up my innards to the point where a normally fatal fall was shrugged off (I went back to work after a trip to the emergency room).

I think I had inadvertantly developed internal strength through years of martial arts practice. So as far as I am concerned, there is something legitimate to the claim of ki or chi which the soft-styles of martial arts claim.

Latest Discussions