Kenpo Technical Forum

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am not a large poster and I don't read Everything on here like I did once when I was new.

However, for the most part I View New Posts, check what I'm subscribed (the autonotifications Really need some work...), and then I may go fishing if I like.

The point of this is that I often Skip the Technical forum because I am not interested in some of what is going on there. Most of what is going on. And if I personally have a "technical" question rather than post to the board I'll email or call someone and then go try that in class.

But I have gone through the Technical stuff and seen some interesting things.

For the most part I skip it because, like the manuals, there are inherent limitations to reading and writing about motion and it can get tedious.
:asian:

PS Hey-This is my 700th post. I think I get a promotion, but since I changed my Avatar and description, I'll have to go look it up myself.

For these reasons, I like them separate as they are.
:asian:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7
what number am I?

:idunno:

285 - hover your mouse over your profile, or check in your profile. I believe its listed in there.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7
what number am I?

Number 285 chronologically.

This info. is available in the URL of the profile for those who are interested!

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
285 - hover your mouse over your profile, or check in your profile. I believe its listed in there.

Either i am missing something...or it isn't working for me! :(

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hover your mouse over the profile button to the left. at the end of the huge string you should see something like userid=xxx where xxx is your id number.

I used to have it listed in the actual profile, but it seems I missed reapplying that tweak at some point. :(

J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Hover your mouse over the profile button to the left. at the end of the huge string you should see something like userid=xxx where xxx is your id number.

I used to have it listed in the actual profile, but it seems I missed reapplying that tweak at some point. :(

Ahhh! I figured it out! :) Thanks!

E

Elfan

I agree that the technical forum has become more of a "technique" " fourm. Perhaps modify the description to encourage people to expand the type of threads they start. How to do extension y to technique x is probably the least interesting discusion that could be going on there.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Elfan
I agree that the technical forum has become more of a "technique" " fourm. Perhaps modify the description

We're certainly open to this idea; do others agree? We want this to be useful for you! Some people will always prefer that they not be split but we still believe that that's best--at least, that Kenpo deserves more than one forum. What exactly do people want in the technical forum?

It might be worth starting a new thread in this forum about the matter.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

W

webpage20022003

i would like to know how to delete my own post and thread????????

thank you very much

K

KenpoDragon

Far too many times simple Kenpo/Kempo questions get stretched out into questions on technique. Every Kenpo/Kempo'ist has their own technical answer for the same types of questions. I believe this is a good idea if you are interested in this type of discussion, but for others like myself who chose not to get involved in the my technique is better than yours arguments, it will allow us to have another forum to visit. I would like to thank Mr. Hubbard and the MartialTalk forum for any additions into the Kenpo/Kempo world.

With honor and respect,:asian:
KenpoDragon

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by webpage20022003
i would like to know how to delete my own post and thread????????

thank you very much

We do not allow members to delete threads or posts, or edit after 60 minutes. Check the support forum for more info.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You may always PM a moderator with a request that a post be deleted or edited. As Mr. Hubbard indicates, please post in the Support forum if you have any similar questions.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

W

webpage20022003

Originally posted by arnisador
You may always PM a moderator with a request that a post be deleted or edited. As Mr. Hubbard indicates, please post in the Support forum if you have any similar questions.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

ok. I will do that. Just PM a mod and an administrator. Hopefully, my request will be fullfilled. :)

thank you

Latest Discussions