Kenpo in the future ???

OP
K

Kirk

Welcome and from looking at your profile, it looks like GD has corrupted your mind for a long time.

:rolleyes: <=== me .. green with envy

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
He'll probably have another story to tell you. LOL something like Mr. C is the biggest pain in the A.. :rofl: but then again he did get to see and meet Mr. Parker personally several times when I brought him to the studio. :D

:asian:

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I met Mr. Parker once in either 87 or 88 and talk about being in awe!! I had all these questions and the only one I could ask was what was it like to know Bruce Lee. I couldn't believe how easy going he seemed to be too. Something I will never forget.

Chuck

OP
K

Kirk

My instructor told me that the first time he met Mr Parker ...
Mr Parker's first words were "I'm HONORED to meet you".
My instructor said his jaw was touching the floor, and he's
thinkin', "You gotta be kidding me! The honor is ALL MINE believe
you me!" hehehehe They talked for like 15 minutes later, and
then he called Mr Parker to join his organization 6 months later
(he had a TKD school that he changed to Kenpo). Mr Parker
answered the phone, and all that my instructor got out was
his name, and Mr Parker treated him like he knew him all his
life. He remembered every single bit about their 15 minute
conversation from 6 months previous! It's no wonder so many
were so impressed!

OP
R

Ronin

You know I could probably talk about Mr. Conatser for the rest of my life. Its an honor to be trained by him, he has in a way been a father figure for me growing up. Of course my adventures with him had some bumps in the rode, thats how I got the "ronin" name. But I look forward to learning and maybe being an ambassador for the I.K.K.O one day, who knows? Being with him has enabled me to see and meet Mr. Parker many times when he would visit the studio and when I would go to the internationals. One time, I remember being at his house and Mr. Parker showed us his Elvis cape and sunglasses. It was cool he sat down on the piano bench while Mr. Conatser visited his family, and told me and the four girls that came with us on the trip some jokes. Mostly I remember him tell me as he talked about Mr. Conatser "Stick with him, he knows what hes doing." I even had the priviledge of performing in front of him as a training dummy during a friends 3rd brown test. Man I can still see him now, with his folded arms and spooky ominous stare he had watching us. Man I was intimidated and it was'nt even my test!! I can honestly say there is no one like Mr. Conatser out there he is truly one of a kind much like Mr. Parker. As for my specific lessons learned from him that would take a lifetime and perhaps a bit longer........

OP
K

Kirk

Your testimonial makes me that much more anxious to meet
the man. Enjoyed reading your story!

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Be Afraid......... Be very Afraid...... LOL oh man. (I think I paid him tooo much this time) :shrug: lol

Don't worry I don't bite........ (hard at least).

OP
R

Ronin

Ok now that I have my computer up and running what is the subject now?

OP
R

Ronin

Mr Miyagi saying number#75: too much good food make belt grow smaller.

Latest Discussions