Kenpo in the future ???

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by Sigung86

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We should play nice and be happy for anyone who can get onto a campus and teach as a credit course.

OP
C

Chiduce

Originally posted by Rob_Broad

We should play nice and be happy for anyone who can get onto a campus and teach as a credit course.
I would like to ask two questions: Anyone can answer because it is not directed to any one person! What was the first college/university in the history and development of the introduction of American Kenpo taught for credit? Where was the college/university located and whom was the instructor at that time? Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce

OP
K

Kirk

I don't know about being the first, but didn't Dr Chapel teach
kenpo at a university?

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by Chiduce

I would like to ask two questions: Anyone can answer because it is not directed to any one person! What was the first college/university in the history and development of the introduction of American Kenpo taught for credit? Where was the college/university located and whom was the instructor at that time? Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce

Now you are going to tell us it will be the Reverend Jerry Fawell's Liberty University in Lynchburg Virginia. Although there have been other schools to offer similar programs in the past. What tweaks my nuggets is why you have to ask the question, why not just make the statement! Is it to feel superior?

I am tired of people only asking question to which they already know the answers, if you want to make people feel little use the Kenpo.net.

OP
C

Chiduce

Originally posted by Rob_Broad

Now you are going to tell us it will be the Reverend Jerry Fawell's Liberty University in Lynchburg Virginia. Although there have been other schools to offer similar programs in the past. What tweaks my nuggets is why you have to ask the question, why not just make the statement! Is it to feel superior?

I am tired of people only asking question to which they already know the answers, if you want to make people feel little use the Kenpo.net.
Rob, crazy thing! The 2 questions i asked were about American Kenpo. Dragon Kenpo is being taught at Liberty University! Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

OP
C

Chiduce

Originally posted by Kirk

I don't know about being the first, but didn't Dr Chapel teach
kenpo at a university?
Kirk, you are right about Dr. Chapel teaching American Kenpo at universities. I can only go back to Jay. T. Will being an American Kenpo Instructor, teaching at a college/university! I just found some info saying that Jay T. Will did teach American Kenpo at Ohio State University; yet i still do not know if he was the first (or if it is true) to do so at any post secondary school! Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

OP
C

Chiduce

Originally posted by Klondike93

Is this the same Dragon Kenpo that was talked about by Dutch "The Video Master"?

:asian:
Yes Sir; Same Dragon Kenpo but Different Organization! Dutch is affiliated with the DKKA. We are the IDKA or International Dragon Kenpo Association! The DKKA is headed by the founder of Dragon Kenpo; Ed. Hutchison. Hutchison is a Tracy Kenpo Black Belt. The IDKA is headed by Master Rodney Lacey; 8th Dan Dragon Kenpo and 10th Dan Hap Ki Mu Sul! The IDKA is not affiliated with the DKKA. Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

OP
K

Kirk

Originally Posted By: Chiduce

Hutchison is a Tracy Kenpo Black Belt. The IDKA is headed by Master Rodney Lacey

I've been training under a year now, so excuse my lack of
knowledge. Who did Master Rodney Lacey train under?

OP
C

Chiduce

Originally posted by Kirk

I've been training under a year now, so excuse my lack of
knowledge. Who did Master Rodney Lacey train under?
Masters Ed. Hutchison, Doug Coe, David Paweleski, Al Simon Jr., Larry Sloan, Gene Phillips, Paul Holley, and John Pelliegrini. This is for both lineages and some are not included. Yet i do know that Master Lacey trained personally under Master Hutchison and is to my knowledge the higest ranking Dragon Kenpo practitioner promoted by Master Hutchison. Ed. Hutchison taught what is believed to be 10,000 students by video before he dropped out of site in the summer of 2000. The IDKA was formed by DKKA Black Belts which had studied other traditional martial arts systems, to bring those whom were without a Headmaster in Dragon Kenpo together for the betterment of the art and the martial arts community. Changes were made in the original DKKA system of operating. Video Testing or testing in person was added and recommended to all those wishing to advance in rank. Instructor Certification was added and left up to the Board Member issuing the certification to recommend video testing or produce their own criteria for instructor certification. We have currently, members from the styles of American Kenpo, Goju Kempo, Chinese Kenpo, Hapkido, and of course Dragon Kenpo etc, whom range in ranking from lower kyu students, to 1st Dans, to Soke! The IDKA Board Of Directors consist of DK certified instructors, founders of new systems and ranking practitioners! Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't know about all these posts................ I was just curious as to What will he be teaching. The question was not intended to draw criticism but rather exactly what the curriculum would entail.

That's all,

I think a good Kenpo course at any college anywhere would be awesome.
;)

OP
C

Chiduce

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

I don't know about all these posts................ I was just curious as to What will he be teaching. The question was not intended to draw criticism but rather exactly what the curriculum would entail.

That's all,

I think a good Kenpo course at any college anywhere would be awesome.
;)
Sir, i do not exactly know what his particular cirriculum will entail. I will e-mail him for that information and post it when i receive his answer! The other question i asked about the first American Kenpo instructor teaching on what college/university campus and where was just that. Maybe you can give some insight to this question? It would be honorably appreciated! Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's easy ........ BYU Utah, in 1954 by Ed Parker. There have been several across the US over the years ...... Of which I could't remember who and where they were. I think every U should have a good Kenpo class in it!! But obvioulsy, Im partial to My system!!

OP
C

Chiduce

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

That's easy ........ BYU Utah, in 1954 by Ed Parker. There have been several across the US over the years ...... Of which I could't remember who and where they were. I think every U should have a good Kenpo class in it!! But obvioulsy, Im partial to My system!!

1954, two years before i was born. Thank you very much sir! Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

OP
R

Ronin

OH Mr. C I don't know how you talked me into joining this forum. I hope this posts o.k.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ronin

OH Mr. C I don't know how you talked me into joining this forum. I hope this posts o.k.

It posted just fine...and welcome!

Cthulhu

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ronin

Welcome and from looking at your profile, it looks like GD has corrupted your mind for a long time. :rofl:

Latest Discussions