Kenpo Camp

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings,
I just got back from JK Kenpo's 2nd annual Kenpo camp, I had a great time! The camp topics were based on Parker's Kenpo. The instructors were Huk Planas 9th, Frank Trejo 9th, myself (Tim Hartman 6th Modern Arnis), Mike Cappi 4th, and Ed Parker Jr. I was honored to be able to represent Modern Arnis at this event. In addition to the training we also enjoyed the family atmosphere of camping under the stars, camp fires and a horse shoe tournament. Mr. Planas and Mr. Trejo pulled double duty by teaching people how to use bullwhips when they were off the mats, needless to say I had the opportunity to crack myself a couple times before I got it right.

In addition to all of that we were honored by a visit of two of Parker Kenpo's top player, Doreen Cogliandro 8th & Dian Tanaka 6th. They arrived on Sunday after teaching at a women's camp in Maryland. These women can Rock! Not based on standards for there gender, but based on just being martial artist. I would not look forward to the beating I could get from the when they are in the zone.

All in all we all had a greet time! I recommend going to next years event. For more information contact Jeff Blay @ [email protected]

Your truly,
Datu Tim Hartman
WMAA President
www.wmarnis.com

Latest Discussions