Kenpo Books

Kenpobuff

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think I got my Infinite Insights at AWMA on-line. Not cheap. I saw an ebay post for Inifinite Insight set still in the plastic with an orignial Ed Parker Black Belt Family Tree and another Parker book included.

Seabrook

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have recently completed an e-book titled:

American Kenpo Mastery: A Guide For Students and Instructors.

The book is 122 pages and costs $15 Canadian.

The book discusses:
- key concepts, principles and theories of American Kenpo
- the history and evolution of American Kenpo
- methods of forms/sets training
- an analytical breakdown of the key movements in the forms/sets
- the origins of the forms/sets
- family groups of self-defense techniques
- master key self-defense techniques
- sparring strategies against people of various sizes and fighting ability
- testing procedures and rank advancement

If any of you are interested, shoot me an email at [email protected] or check out my website at www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com

OP
T

TheBattousai

As far as book titles, I recomend Mastering Kempo by William Durbin, Koga Ryu Ninjutsu (same auther), and The book of five rings by Miyamoto Musashi (translated by Victor Harris). As for finding some good books, websites like ebay, amazon, barnes & nobles, josephbeth ofcourse, but it doesn't hurt to look for book authers or titles on yahoo or google to find them or a good deal. Also check new/used book stores or antique shops that carry books, you'd be surprised at what you could find.

Ronin Moose

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Most of SGM Parker's books (except the Encyclopedia) are now available throuth the on-line store at Kenpo Net (www.kenponet.com I believe), at fairly reasonable prices. Great Christmas gift, eh?

-Garry

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
KenpoDave said:
I would have sold you mine for $133.99!

Of course you would Dave! :whip:

So would this guy, but I bought mine when it first came out, Lo! Those many years ago! When it finally gets to 136.99, I might sell mine! %-}

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I was looking to try and help one of my students and I keep an eye on the general Kenpo book market. I've seen the II1 - 5 going for 100 bucks plus per volume.

Either buyers are really paying those prices for the books, or sellers are eating a lot of storage costs.

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sigung86 said:
Of course you would Dave! :whip:

So would this guy, but I bought mine when it first came out, Lo! Those many years ago! When it finally gets to 136.99, I might sell mine! %-}

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I was looking to try and help one of my students and I keep an eye on the general Kenpo book market. I've seen the II1 - 5 going for 100 bucks plus per volume.

Either buyers are really paying those prices for the books, or sellers are eating a lot of storage costs.

I bought the II set about 10 years ago for a mere $60, all 5 volumes, from Budo Books. Also got Zen of Kenpo, the Encyclopedia of Kenpo, Secrets of Chinese Karate, 2 of Mitose's books, 2 of LaTourette's books, and Choki Motobu's book.

Get this, I paid $8.95 for Mitose's What is Self Defense, and saw it on e-bay for over $1000 at one point.

Makes me want to write one!