Kataaro Belt Reviews? (Non-BJJ)

USKinstructor07

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for anyone who has ordered a Kataaro belt and what they thought of it. All I'm finding are Kataaro BJJ belt reviews, and even those are years old. Just wanting pros and cons for any belt you've ordered. Thanks!

Attachments

• Black Belt Kataaro 2.jpg
    Black Belt Kataaro 2.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 337

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've ordered from them on two occasions over the past five years. They're a little pricey compared to what you can get other places, but I'm happy with their product. I went with them because I was having Japanese characters put on the belt and a friend told me they did a good job. Another friend who's Japanese gave me the characters (I didn't want a mistake saying "I like donuts")

After I filled out the online order, they e-mailed me with what was going on the belt. I found a small mistake and e-mailed them back. They got back to me with the correction and that was that. I found them pretty good to deal with. Both times, actually.

2qdcz0j.jpg

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've ordered from them on two occasions over the past five years. They're a little pricey compared to what you can get other places, but I'm happy with their product. I went with them because I was having Japanese characters put on the belt and a friend told me they did a good job. Another friend who's Japanese gave me the characters (I didn't want a mistake saying "I like donuts")

But would that actually be a mistake?
Come on... it's donuts...

I've never used this company. We buy inexpensive belts and uniforms from Kwon. For nicer belts, I like Eosin Panther, especially their double sided embroidery. I get belts with the persons name on one end and Taekwondo Moo Duk Kwan on the other. English on one side, Korean on the other.

Chrisoro

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I got one with a single sided embroidery, when I got my HKD 1.st dan. I'm pretty happy with it, but if I could go back and change something, I would go with the more inexpensive embroidery, where they just embroider straight trough, as I have on my TKD black belt. The single sided embroidery is a more complicated process, and requires black stitching on top of te embroidered letters, which doesn't look too nice. The trought the belt embroidery, on the other hand, leaves mirrored text on the back of the belt.

Chrisoro

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Here's a comparison of the Kataaro belt with the TKD belt given to me by my master. The fonts are different, and my first name has been written somewhat different in hangul on the two belts(however both is phonetically correct). The important difference here, is that the Kataaro belt has the single sided embroidery, which neccitates black stitching on top, as the embroidery is done before the belt itself is finished.

Front:
4io9b8.jpg

Back:
23m0feq.jpg

All in all, the Kataaro belt feels stronger and somewhat more "compact" than the Daedo belt, and generally appears to be of higher quality materials.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've not ordered from Kataaro, byt I'm a big fan of Eosin Panther. Their work is outstanding and their customer service is amazing. I've ordered a very unique belt & they insured that they understood exactly what I wanted before making the belt. They once made the belt I ordered in the wrong size. I called them & had the right belt & the right size to me in 48 hours. Their belts are fantastic! I'd be hard pressed to go anywhere else.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have one with no stitching and I like it.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Does anyone here own both a belt from Kataaro and a belt from Eosin Panther? I'd love to hear a comparison and contrast of the two belts.

Latest Discussions