Karate Connection - IKCA

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nathan,

No apologies necessary. Despite my feelings about IKCA, I'm glad you've found a positive training environment. I know it may seem like I have an ax to grind, but I honestly don't. Regardless of what organization or people that are dealt with, I'd prefer no one to ever have to deal with what I did...it's simply that.

Take care,

Jay

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is always nice to see someone that has feelings one way or the other to be able to have their feelings and yet allow others to continue without flaming everyone for any comments.

Class response.

:asian:

OP
B

brianhunter

Hey Mr. C how about a cheap course of study for us poor government employees craving american kenpo????

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by brianhunter

Hey Mr. C how about a cheap course of study for us poor government employees craving american kenpo????

He'll teach you, but for the price of your soul.......:D

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Some day I'm gonna surprise Dan Farmer and get out my videos. and home training program!

:asian:

Ungh-huh...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dan "still waiting" Farmer

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

It is always nice to see someone that has feelings one way or the other to be able to have their feelings and yet allow others to continue without flaming everyone for any comments.

Class response.

Agreed! Well done!

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by GouRonin

You all put the "@ss" in "class."
:rofl:

You just have to love how subtle Gou can be.

OP
T

tunetigress

You guys want nice? Ya wanna see how 'nice' I can get too???? LMAO! You are all too funny! :borg: :borg: :borg:

OP
W

warriorsage

I certainly agree that Mr. Bell stated his opinion and took the replies with class. I also cannot speak about his IKCA experience because I have no idea what went on.

I will say again though that his comments weren't limted to his experience with Vic LeRoux. He stated rather pointedly that he thinks the system is a joke, or atleast the technique "Beheading the Dragon", which is kinda similar to the AK technique "Shield and Sword." I'll happily let the matter drop, and will accept Mr. Bell's opinion, but (as I posted in my first reply to his comment) I'd like a little clarification on what is such a joke about that technique and/or the IKCA material. Also, what system does you now practice that makes Kenpo seem so ineffective? If you'd like, you can email me personally if you'd rather not air this info on the public forum.

[email protected]

—Peace

OP
W

warriorsage

Thank you for taking the time to reply with an honest, well-thought out email. I appreciate your words and thoughts. Kudos!

Ron

OP
W

warriorsage

Hey DC, I just changed it again. Too hard to see all the fine details with these tiny thumbnails. New one's easier on the eyes. I made you a decal like the new logo, but with a "GoldenDragon." I thought you'd get a kick out of it. I'm sending it with your other universal. You should have it Tuesday.