karambit trianing

W

WannaBeAmachine

has anyone hear had any format training with the Karambit, if so were? i can't find anywhere that teaches Karambit fighting.

and damn the martial way, i just want the fighting skill.

OP
L

LaCoste

Steve Tarani an instructor under Guro Dan I and Herman Suwanda has 3 videos on the subject of fighting with a Kerambit. You can get them at www.cfwenterprises.com

Regards,

LaCoste

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Check out my new Karambit trainer!!! Just finished it tonight. 6061 1/4" Aluminum with paracord handle custom sized to whatever hand is going to hold it (I have small hands). I'm probably going to sell them after I streamline the process and perfect the shape. I also have kris blades, tantos, daggers, and customs. All handmade.

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
oops forgot to upload the photo, sorry!

Attachments

• $karambit.jpg
    $karambit.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 309

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heh heh...I'm lucky...I'll probably get to play with it tomorrow...er, tonight.

Actually, more likely than not, I'm gonna be on the receiving end of it!

Cthulhu

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just finalized my design on my training kerambit. After some testing, i decided to go with a more traditional blade and a larger ring to accommodate bigger hands and/or gloves Thanks Cthulhu for you input and grotesquely large hands and your anatomy. It also grew a little overall (the knife, not Cthuhu's anatomy).

Its on ebay now
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1821316655

Attachments

• $kerambit-500.jpg
    $kerambit-500.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 253

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, arnisandyz...now anyone else on the board who plans on ever meeting me is gonna think I'm some hideous mutant freak.

Well, I am...but that's beside the point :D

Cthulhu

PS - the new design looks good. Hopefully, it'll sell, and hopefully I'll get to try it before it does!

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I got to train with arnisandyz's karambits this morning. Hubud with karambits is very different. The shape and nature of the weapon prompted me to attempt various attacks that were simply not possible with a conventional bladed weapon. Damn fun, too!

If you haven't, check out his training karambit pic in this thread. Better yet, check out the eBay auction!

Cthulhu

PS-dangit andy, one of you hit me in the shin when sparring...that crap hurts! :D

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by WannaBeAmachine

has anyone hear had any format training with the Karambit, if so were? i can't find anywhere that teaches Karambit fighting.

and damn the martial way, i just want the fighting skill.

Hi Folks!
There are several individuals who teach the use of the Kerambit from various traditions...

Steve Tarani is presently the most popular due to his video tape series. I've been invited to upstate mass to attend his seminars on edged weapons and interview him for my TV show.

Kelly Worden has some interesting insights into the Kerambit and has produced an "Impact Kerambit" that is made of plastic and great either as a fist load or for hooking/slicing [although it's dull] and for hammering as well.

Art Gitlin [Hak lung chuan]"Black Dragon Fist" has had some good articles in the past in martial arts and blade magazines on the use of the kerambit and his perspective on the design.

James Ingram has some great kerambit techniques i've been told by one of my students who took a few seminars with him

I personally have a great love for the weapon and it's use and I've applied the weapon to several different arts i do!

I hope that I was of some service,
KENPOJOERebelo's Kenpo Karate

OP
G

Guro_Jeff

My senior teaches Kerambit training at seminars and in his school location down in florida.

If you are anywhere near the NYC area, I can get you going on the Kerambit training.

Guro Ray is an excellent instructor and I recommend him wholeheartedly.

I've heard and seen some great things done with a Kerambit from the Silat folks i've run across...
hope that helps!

respects, Guro Jeff

Latest Discussions