pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Stand and fight, Live by your heart
Always one more try, I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight, say what you feel
Born with a heart of steel

Hey! I just noticed your sig. I'm a Manowar fan, too!

Haven't heard a lot of their newer stuff (I thought they were defunct for about 10 years and just found out a few months ago that they're still active).

Hail! :)

Mike

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Manowar is one of the best there is. They have powerful lyrics that really are positive. I've been a fan since the early 80's and was very happy to see they have just released a new CD. "Warriors of the World".

If you like your metal powerful, with clear vocals, and a positive message, give em a chance.

Sadly, they only seem to tour in Europe, but are an US band.

From "I Believe"
"Let's all stand together for the world to see
Now the time is right to live out all our dreams
Say the words forever, your strength will never leave
If you want to win the fight, say "I believe"
If you want to win tonight, say "I believe"

:asian:

OP
pesilat

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Manowar is one of the best there is. They have powerful lyrics that really are positive. I've been a fan since the early 80's and was very happy to see they have just released a new CD. "Warriors of the World".

If you like your metal powerful, with clear vocals, and a positive message, give em a chance.

Sadly, they only seem to tour in Europe, but are an US band.

From "I Believe"
"Let's all stand together for the world to see
Now the time is right to live out all our dreams
Say the words forever, your strength will never leave
If you want to win the fight, say "I believe"
If you want to win tonight, say "I believe"

:asian:

Yup. Couldn't agree more. I first heard them in the mid 80s when a friend of mine loaned me Kings of Metal on cassette and have several of their albums from that time. I absolutely loved the thematic order of the songs and the story told in The Warrior's Prayer and how it tied in with most of the rest of the album. When I bought it on CD, in fact, I was kind of miffed that they'd stuck the "bonus" track of Pleasure Slave into it. It didn't really fit with the theme of the rest of the album.

Then I bought Fighting the World and loved it. I bought Triumph of Steel when it first came out. But then I lost track of them and I thought they'd gone down for the count.

One day, I stumbled across http://www.manowar.com and was both delighted and ticked. Delighted that they were still around making music. And ticked that they had so many other albums I don't have yet ;)

Ah well, so goes life, eh?

Mike

Mike

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I, too, am a Manowar fan (I PMed Bob about it when I saw it in his signature). My supervisor is a local musician and lives in Auburn, New York, from which at least some (if not all) of the band members hail. He knows them and has told me some amusing stories about them, such as their preference for playing very LOUDLY when in the studio ("Real men play on 10!").

Latest Discussions