Johnny Walker: The Man Who Walked Around The World

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A very well done commercial/ad and history for the scotch whiskey that defined scotch whiskey.
It's even captioned in case you canna unnerstan th' scottish brogh. Aye.
[yt]MnSIp76CvUI[/yt]

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice ad! I've never managed to develop the taste for Scotch of any sort. I'm strictly a Bourbon or Tennessee whiskey (Jack Daniels) man. And I'm not even that anymore, dad nab it. Diabetes has put the kibosh on the booze.

shihansmurf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice ad! I've never managed to develop the taste for Scotch of any sort. I'm strictly a Bourbon or Tennessee whiskey (Jack Daniels) man. And I'm not even that anymore, dad nab it. Diabetes has put the kibosh on the booze.

That sucks to an order of magnitude that I have trouble comtemplating. I'm a scotch man, and I find it interesting how most bourbon drinkers don't care for scotch and vice versa.

In any event, cool ad. Johnny Walker is my favorite brand. Any label is good to be honest, although I prefer black and green. If I get picked up for warrant officer, I'm gonna drop the absurd amount on a bottle of Blue label. I figure that would be a worthy cause for sucha purchase.

Mark

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That sucks to an order of magnitude that I have trouble comtemplating. I'm a scotch man, and I find it interesting how most bourbon drinkers don't care for scotch and vice versa.

I was actually a beer drinker and my friends were all scotch aficionados. Some of them preferred blends, some were connoisseurs of the finest single malts available, and would cringe if anyone discussed drinking it in any manner but neat.

I therefore did my best to cultivate a taste for same. And with my friends' stocks of the finest scotches, I have to say I was given a thorough education and exposure to the best of the best. I really tried.

I hate scotch. I have to admit it. I'm not even that fond of Irish whisky, except in coffee. Canadian is right out.

It was only years after I had completely admitted defeat and thought I could never learn to appreciate whiskey that I discovered Jack Daniels and I instantly loved it. Not Bourbon, I understand, but I have found I also like Bourbon too. I like it on the rocks, neat, with water, with soda water, and mixed with Coke; pretty much any way you can serve it. I much prefer it over gin, vodka, rum, etc - and definitely over scotch. I have no idea why.

I know there has to be something to the 'scotch' appreciation, but whatever it is, I lack it. I did give it a long and serious try.

In any event, cool ad. Johnny Walker is my favorite brand. Any label is good to be honest, although I prefer black and green. If I get picked up for warrant officer, I'm gonna drop the absurd amount on a bottle of Blue label. I figure that would be a worthy cause for sucha purchase.

Mark

I hope you make WO and have a fine old time with the JW of whatever color.

Latest Discussions