STUART Because the Colonel puts an addictive
chemical in it that makes you crave
it fortnightly.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That the FBI had Janis Joplin killed because she was a threat to... it wasn't quite clear. But someone I was talking to back in the early 1970s was very, very certain that they were behind it....

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, here's one for you. My workday is actually half at night so I listen to Coast to Coast AM now and then. Night before last someone called in and said that the volcano that erupted in Chile last week was caused by a group of scientists with a laser equipped satelite so that we couldn't get a view of the southern sky with our telescopes and see Planet X as it hurtles toward the earth.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
That the FBI had Janis Joplin killed because she was a threat to... it wasn't quite clear. But someone I was talking to back in the early 1970s was very, very certain that they were behind it....

That'd be the movie, Down On Us, in which Janis, Jimi Hendrix AND Jim Morrison were all targeted by the government for assassination, with Morrison sussing out the governement plot and faking his own death....:lol:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Yeah, here's one for you. My workday is actually half at night so I listen to Coast to Coast AM now and then. Night before last someone called in and said that the volcano that erupted in Chile last week was caused by a group of scientists with a laser equipped satelite so that we couldn't get a view of the southern sky with our telescopes and see Planet X as it hurtles toward the earth.

That'd be HAARP: High-frequency Active Aural Research Program, based in Alaska....and that'd be a "group of mad scientists"...bwahaha :lol:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
19 Arab Hijackers, led by a man in a cave, crashed four planes into high value targets in a country that spends more on its so called defense then all other nations combined.

This is the craziest conspiracy theory that I can think of.

Heh. ;)

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
19 Arab Hijackers, led by a man in a cave, crashed four planes into high value targets in a country that spends more on its so called defense then all other nations combined.

This is the craziest conspiracy theory that I can think of.

Heh. ;)

How's that saying go again about just because you're paranoid doesn't mean no one's after you?

And then of course, if they really ARE after you, can it still be considered paranoia?

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That'd be HAARP: High-frequency Active Aural Research Program, based in Alaska....and that'd be a "group of mad scientists"...bwahaha :lol:
Nah, the host mentioned HARP but the caller said "No, that's old technology and isn't powerful enough". I have heard quite a few CTs surrounding HARP though.
Another one I heard was regarding the super collider. Supposedly when they were doing their cool down there was a quark experiment that went wrong and THAT is what caused the volcanic eruption and the earthquake in China as well.

And aren't ALL scientists mad?:erg:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I read Mic Jaggar was dabbling in the black arts and became convinced he was about to die because Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison had J's in there name; so, he just knew he was next. I'm glad he kept rockin'.

Sean