Bill O'reilly freaks out

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Heh, that had that on The Colbert Report last night. I feel bad for those working for him. All that because he didn't like the word choice for his outro.

OP
Josh

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i kinda thought i was funny. on the other hand i am intoxicated. hahahahha

no but really...we all make mistakes.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Seriously, how can anyone look at Billo or any stupid friggin newsguy again and wonder if they are real people with real opinions. Billo himself freaks out because he knows he's a shill and the kernal of humanity in him rebels for wont of even the smallest parcel of individuality. I want to know what he really thinks. Off the record. I would love to go to the bar and grog up to the eyeballs in order to get the real O factor.

Heh. ;)

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
yeah, cuz NO ONE here ever gets ticked off at work.......

I don't know about you, but if I screamed at my coworkers like that I would be out on my *** the next day. At the very least, it would be a major incident involving my boss and the university HR department.

It also is a real dick move for a boss to do that to their underlings who can either take it or move jobs. I don't think this either for political reasons, I can't abide entitled jerks no matter where I find them.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jeez, how old is that? The guy's got a whole head of brown hair!

Not an O'Reilly fan, but I'm not going to join the two-minute hate against him. Looks like panic to me - they were prolly taping the closing sequence during the final commercial break and had a small timeframe to get it right. He didn't understand "to play us out" which, as I understand the phrase, would have been followed by something like, "here's The XXXX Band playing their song XXXXXX". Note that at the end he said, "We'll do it live!" which suggests that the commercials had ended and he had to go on and say something. He extemporized pretty well.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Empty Hands,
You must be a pretty luck guy, every boss I have ever had has cussed someone out, loudly and crudely, sometimes me, sometimes other people.

Nothing there was all that out of line to my mind, but then, I was in the military for 12 years, I had a division officer grab my shirt, lift me off the ground and slam me into a wall.........

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ha. He (O'reilly) talked about it on his show tonight, as I was flipping channels.
He thinks it's funny. He says he has tapes of lots more, that he'd be happy to sell.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Empty Hands,
You must be a pretty luck guy, every boss I have ever had has cussed someone out, loudly and crudely, sometimes me, sometimes other people.

Try working for corporate America, it's an eye opening experience. Even making political comments can get you in trouble for making a "hostile work environment." The University environment (mine) can be similar. Sometimes, I would be hard pressed to say which of us is the "luckier." Of course, no one needs to have their boss shouting in their face, it just isn't necessary. Things can go too far in the other direction though.

Nothing there was all that out of line to my mind, but then, I was in the military for 12 years, I had a division officer grab my shirt, lift me off the ground and slam me into a wall.........

I was under the impression that regulations in the military on that sort of thing had gotten a lot more strict. Such as Drill Sergeants not being able to touch their recruits, or cuss 'em out.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
oh, officially, the regs say thats a no-no

but when there are no witnesses..............

I dont mind, i was acting a fool, and deserved it

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The 'ol wall to wall counseling.
I watched, with my company, a Drill Sergeant grab a private by the throat, shove him through a window, pull him back out and continue to choke the crap out of him. At that point I and ten or fifteen others rushed in and pulled them apart, not to protect the private, who was a worthless P O S, but, to try to save the Drill Sergeant's career. Sadly, we failed, one moment of rage ruined his career.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was under the impression that regulations in the military on that sort of thing had gotten a lot more strict. Such as Drill Sergeants not being able to touch their recruits, or cuss 'em out.
When I went through basic training in 91, the only part of the Drill Sergeant that was sure to touch you was the brim of his Campaign Hat (Smokey the Bear) It is called woodpeckering and it consists of that eighth of an inch brim tap tap tapping on against your forehead while the Drill Sergeant lamented how you were as
F***ed up as a football bat, dumber than a retarded duck
Aside from the one incident, I never saw anyone (outside PT) strike anyone else during duty hours. The swearing, well, yeah, they aren't supposed to, but, they did then, and I would be amazed if they didn't now.

OP
Josh

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies to this. I found it funny. I also think that it's common to freak out once in awhile.
'
*controversial statement warning(only those with an open mind read please...friendly disagreements welcome)*

About all of the military stuff(with the guy choking the guy etc etc)..
That's one (of many reasons) I don't blindly "support the troops" and would never join the military. Some might say they break them down to build them up.. but I call BS on that. We are all martial artists here.. we know first hand that you can build someone up without cutting them down the way they do.
I'll take a pass on the macho tough guy ********. thanks. I can see how arguing in a corporate setting like that would/might get you fired. In the military I understand they train for enemies that wouldn't think twice about killing them. (reasons aside). I get it. It's just not for me. Every single Marine/Army person I've ever met has had some holier than thou swagger. I can do without that. I don't feel the need to troop worship. and I don't want to be worshiped. I'm sure a few people will ignorantly neg rep me for my opinion on this one.. so go on if you will...but I'm not trying to disrespect our sacred cow (troops) in the USA. I'm just saying it's not for me. And I don't think it's off limits to talk about abuse in the workplace/machoism involving the military.

*end controversial statement*

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score

It's like Vegas - what happens in the whiskey locker stays in the whiskey locker. I was under the same impression myself, right up to the time when the aluminum garbage can lid made contact with the side of my head. whoops, that didn't stay in the whiskey locker...

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'd kinda expect it from a guy like Billo.

What was hilarious was the tape I heard some years ago of Casey Kasem cussing someone out between takes. Now THAT was a jaw dropper :)

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Josh,
you are too young to know any better, so i will clue you in

IT WORKS

A good dojo might have 5 YEARS to toughen someone up

Boot Camp lasts 8 WEEKS

Military people swagger a little yes, because they have done something that the average person cannot do.

And I will tell you something, I have no doubt that you could not handle it. that is no insult, since MOST people could not handle it. Not everyone is cut out for the service.

BUT

EVERYONE could benefit from military service.

sorry, but you simply dont know what you are talking about on this one.

but it's all good

OP
Josh

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Josh,
you are too young to know any better, so i will clue you in

IT WORKS

A good dojo might have 5 YEARS to toughen someone up

Boot Camp lasts 8 WEEKS

Military people swagger a little yes, because they have done something that the average person cannot do.

And I will tell you something, I have no doubt that you could not handle it. that is no insult, since MOST people could not handle it. Not everyone is cut out for the service.

BUT

EVERYONE could benefit from military service.

sorry, but you simply dont know what you are talking about on this one.

but it's all good

1. Don't speak down to me for my age. Thanks.

2. The length of time it takes to "toughen someone up" was not my point....At all.

3.You admit they swagger. Nice. "because they do something the average person couldn't do?" Really? Prove it. Have you ever considered than many able bodied people choose not to serve because they are morally opposed to it? (not to mention countless other reasons)

3.You don't know me. That IS a personal insult. You have no idea if I could or couldn't do it. "No doubt"...
You pulled that idea right from your ***. Period.

4. "EVERYONE" could benefit from military service? Oh really? Conscientious objectors anyone?
Look, I respect that you THINK everyone could benefit from military service..but that's just a point of view. You really shouldn't state it as fact.