Joe Rogan smack talking TMA's like kung fu

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I guess I misread/misunderstood your posts. I thought you were claiming all this stuff to likely be true, and thus evidence of extra-physical ability.
Amazingly enough stuff like this is too extreme for me to classify as extra-physical ability. The more extreme something gets the less willing I am to believe it. I still "leave the door of possibility open" but it's not wide open in full belief. The common thing I see when someone meets a person who can actually do extraordinary things, the person who is doing the extraordinary thing doesn't see it as a big deal. To them it's really not that big of a deal. This video to me is more amazing than a drill to the head and for them it's just a normal thing for them.

However, on the note of sharp-ish things piercing versus stretching skin, speed plays a key element in whether an impact displaces or distorts.
Yep. That's why you never see iron shirt or the throat trick done with a stabbing motion. If someone took a sharp pointy knife and stabbed him once in the stomach, then he stops it from going through, then I'll be really impressed. I would learn that just so I could walk around being knife proof lol.

Very cool, very impressive stuff though, that I wouldn't like to try at home
you and me both, real or fake it's definitely dangerous. If it's fake and someone tries it for real then it's dangerous. If it's real and someone tries it for real then it's still dangerous. Out of the problems I have in life, a spear head in my throat is not one of them and I would like to keep it that way. lol. I've seen more than enough stunt men mess up and get injured to know what stuff to stay away from. AKA anything where a minor slip or miscalculation can result in serious injury.

kickboxnotthatgood

White Belt
Reaction score
That kickboxing video hurts my soul. I had to go check their other videos to see what was going on.
They don't care about self-defense nor are they a Martial arts school. People like that exploit martial and then markets their business as if it's a real martial arts place. People who don't research join these places thinking that they are learning the real thing. This is why I get so much back talk about Kung Fu because of people like this.
Here is what you'll find on their website:
"Martial Arts based Kickboxing"
"4th Dan Black Belt in Kickboxing" (Is there such a thing?)
"Lau Gar kung fu" (I've never head of it but this is what it looks like)

Please understand that this stuff isn't kung fu, it's people who are taking advantage of others and making them think that they can fight with this mess.
i went to lau gar for a week nearly 30 years ago and jeremy yau happened to be there, i went in with an open mind and lets just say i never went again, its sad to see on youtube what it has become with poorly performed non realistic forms and flag waving.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions