Joe Palanzo Kenpo Karate

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Uh.... uh, *tentatively raises hand*

Why does Mr. Palonzo slap his butt twice when he demonstrates Flashing Wings fast?

I'd really like to see techs done quickly like he describes them slowly. As it is his beat patterns are different, he doesn't step drag when he closes range, he doesn't do checking when he describes that he is. All in all, I'm fairly unimpressed.

Oh, and whats with leaving the gun in the guys hand at the end of twisted rod?

Lamont

hongkongfooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
:lfao: I do believe that he has finally reached the ranks of Kim's Karate and Shank's Martial arts.

:barf::barf: :lfao: :lool:

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well. I am freakin confused.

Granted - I'm not the most mobile myself these days...

but isn't there supposed to be hip action driving any stance change?

And for that matter, aren't there supposed to be stance changes inherent in all of those techs?

OP
Kenpojujitsu3

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well. I am freakin confused.

Granted - I'm not the most mobile myself these days...

but isn't there supposed to be hip action driving any stance change?

And for that matter, aren't there supposed to be stance changes inherent in all of those techs?

Double hip and knee replacements.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ya know, I read the thread before watching the vids, and hoped, perhaps, that Sean was just being humorously hyper-judgemental. These are awful. I hear tell of a day when he was da bomb, but I'm thinking those days are behind us now.

Be good,

Dave

mikjf

White Belt
Reaction score
Well, I wasn't impressed with the physical aspect of these videos, but I'm pretty sure I could learn a few things from Mr. Palanzo. Although I never met Mr. Parker, I've been privileged to be around many seniors who have...and some move well and always have ..and some don't (obviously my opinion). But I always honor their experience ....you never know when they may either repeat something Mr. Parker said about a basic or technique ...or make an observation themselves... that will make the light bulb go off.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Bilateral knee AND hip replacements?

My aunt has Lupus... and has endured countless hip, knee, and other replacements... so, I'm well aware of how much it takes to come back from these types of surgeries...

JamesB is quite correct (IMHO)... the man has my respect for even continuing to be out on the mat after all of that... period.

Not to mention... how old is he now?

When I'm Mr. Palanzo's age, and after I have both hips AND both knees replaced... I hope I can move 1/2 as good as he does...

Where it not for his Kenpo... he'd probably be moving much less than he is now...

<sigh>

But I always honor their experience ....you never know when they may either repeat something Mr. Parker said about a basic or technique ...or make an observation themselves... that will make the light bulb go off.

Well said, mikjf!

Latest Discussions