Joe Lewis

Discussion in 'Tracy's Kenpo' started by Spartan, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Doc

Doc Senior Master

Yep!

2. Danjo

Danjo Master Black Belt

Could be. I was told that by several people, but the extent of his involvement, or how official it was I have no way of knowing. When I get the chance, I'll try to follow up on what I was told and see if I can get more details.

3. Dave Simmons

Dave Simmons Green Belt

Danjo since you just love to stir the pot I have some "info"! The vid clip you mention, I performed with power and commitment, the cartridge was given back to the person who filmed the series of self defense techniques and Short Form I. Unfortunately your limited background in Tracy's circa 1966 is evident. In short the form was demonstrated as I had learned it.

Since you mention YouTube would you please explain to me why your "continous fighting" match looked like you had a bad day or you were confused between fighting or flight or dancing?! One last thing you might want to consider, do not commit on things until all sources are validated via all parties.

4. KenpoDave

KenpoDave 2nd Black Belt

So, it appears that Al Dacascos taught forms while operating a Tracy's school in Denver, CO. It does not appear that Al Dacascos was ever hired by the Tracy's to teach forms.

As a side note, Al Dacascos was one of the instructors at the first Gathering of Eagles in 1999, and forms were not what he taught. He focused on the bridging the gap principle using the backfist and running reverse punch, and some slide shuffle kicking.

5. Danjo

Danjo Master Black Belt

Power and commitment? LOL. If that's what you want to call it. At least my vids are still out there eh? Plus I won.

Too bad about you giving that tape back and not having access to another camcorder. Convienient too. Pictures are worth a thousand words etc.---sigh.

6. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Sr. Grandmaster

Gentlemen, please stop the sniping. It doesn't do anyone any good, and it doesn't make anyone look good, including the sniper.

Personalities sometimes clash here on MT, I know I've experienced that myself as well. It's often tempting to look for an opportunity to get in a jibe at someone. But "an eye for an eye" makes the whole world blind.

Please walk away from an insult, perceived or otherwise, and move on. And please consider what you are writing before you hit the Submit Reply button. Ask yourself if it is really necessary, or if it is just stirring up a hornet's nest.

It's just tiresome and really unnecessary.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NubreedKaliSilat

NubreedKaliSilat Yellow Belt

I am a senior in WHKD, I know when talking with Gm Dacascos..About his time spent working with Tracy International, he told me he was more or less on the business side of the deal. If a Tracy's school was having problems he would go there and trouble shoot the problems, and get the school back in the black. As for teaching forms, they never was added to the Tracy system, accept for maybe Black Belts who learned them on their own and added them into their personal training. I remember reading some where something about there not being any floor sweeps, groin kicks, or butterfly kicks in Tracy's Kenpo until he came aboard. I maybe mistake on the style he was talking about it was so long ago...There are others more history oriented then me..on where things where picked up?
    Here is a picture of him outside a Tracy's school when he working for Tracy International...
    [​IMG]

Here is a list of our Kajukenbo Chuan Fa/WHKD forms:

Hau Kuen (hard monkey form) Southern Kempo/Chuan Fa hard Style form
    Fau Yip (floating leaves) Southern style Soft Sil-Lum Hand Blocking set
    Limpo (continuous step) Northern Sil-Lum basic form
    Siu Wan (small circle internal strength) Northern Sil-Lum Flow set
    Sui Lum Pai (south hand way) Southern Sil-Lum Intermediate form
    Pak Sil-Lum #6 (northern way six) Northern arial beginning flow set
    Pak Sil-Lum #7 (northern way seven) Northern flow set
    San Chen (internal development form) Central style
    Law Hon Kuen (monk form#1) Northern advanced footwork
    Fu Hak (tiger and crane) Southern Sil-Lum Hung Gar Kin