JKD systems likes/dislikes

OP
T

Troy Ostapiw/Canada

I am a Associate Instructor Under Vunak, he is very talented, and knows his stuff without question. Paul Vunak is very street real, and effective. True reality based fighting....

I am also certified in Renegade JKD (Full instructor) NSI combatives. (FM)Under Grandmaster Datu kelly Worden. he is linked through Jessie Glover, And Takay ....Very street real , very effective , and amazing to watch...Datu gets better as he gets older, and he is only 52years. He currently teaches Special Ops personnel in the Army....Green berets. He teaches many civilian, and law-enforcement personnel as well. Chek it out at www.kellyworden.com

I have also trained with various JF/JKDer's including Inosanto, in LA.
Guro Inosanto is very Knowledgeable, and a great teacher....a walking Dictionary......he offers alot of training options.

Just one mans opinion

OP
G

Gary Crawford

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!If I just had my own airplane!Id flyout and check out all you guys.Reality says I have to keep my feet on the ground.Nashville is the closest of all the suggestions,only a five hour drive!I have already decided who's organisation I really want to join,Sufu Raffi Derderian.He used to be a high ranking member of Prof. Dills organisation.Check out his website: www.derderian-academy.com .All I have to do is meet him face to face and I'm in.I have have had trouble finding the time/money to go see him in R.I. I will eventually make the trip.In the meantime,I teach my Counter Terrorism Seminars at local M.A. schools.I also train occasionally with a freind who used to be one of Prof.Dills instructors and I have three students of my own that I teach a mix of Kenpo and jkd. As far as Prof. Dill is concerned,he knows his stuff.He is getting older and has some medical problems that prevent him from trying to impress anyone.Most of the people underneath him(present and former)are top notch.The list of former SDS/JKD association members is a real who's who list.I won't elaborate because many of them have moved on to bigger and better things and don't want to be remembered by their association with Gary Dill.Professor Dill is not that bad a guy,he just seems to carry the old military pissing contest mentality and is very competative at it.I really wish he would try to make peace with everyone,but that's up to him.I won't be holding my breath.