Reaction score
Thanks Terry I'm glad you liked it!
icon6.gif

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like you guys got some good training in...

Looking at the pics and video, I didn't see a lot of use of both ends of the stick. (Easy to demonstrate what I mean -- but hard to describe.) That's one of the things we use a lot in some of our stick systems...

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like you guys got some good training in...

Looking at the pics and video, I didn't see a lot of use of both ends of the stick. (Easy to demonstrate what I mean -- but hard to describe.) That's one of the things we use a lot in some of our stick systems...

Actually we do quite a bit of that as well. Some times we use more of the end of the stick as witnessed in the video clip but at other times both ends are being used regularly. If you watch the video though you will see some of the butt or butt stroke strikes when they are in close similar to what you would see when using the butt stock of a shotgun.
icon6.gif

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually we do quite a bit of that as well. Some times we use more of the end of the stick as witnessed in the video clip but at other times both ends are being used regularly. If you watch the video though you will see some of the butt or butt stroke strikes when they are in close similar to what you would see when using the butt stock of a shotgun.
icon6.gif
Cool... Too often I see people using a six foot or longer stick or spear, and having no understanding of the use of both ends of the stick. Their hands are dead on the stick, and they just miss a lot of the advantages of a long stick that way.

(Of course, you can use both ends of short sticks, too... I amazed someone not too long ago with what I could do using the butt end of the baton...)

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you liked it Arnisador, Brian and Xue. We really did have an enjoyable and beautiful day for training!
icon6.gif

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Really good stuff, Brian! Thanks. Takes courage to be transparent on the www. I appreciate it. :bangahead:

Amazing what we can learn about ourselves through pressure testing. :D The state of our footwork, posture, conditioning, breathing, will to persevere, and of course technique, all light up like they're in neon. :)

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
looks like classic English quarter staff work to me.

Latest Discussions