Iron Man!

TheOriginalName

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have to say that i had not heard of Iron Man until recently.....so didn't grow up it. I have to say i thought they did a really awesome job of converting the comic book to a relatively reality based movie......

A great movie and one i would have no problem seeing again.....

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Audi company must LOVE the Iron Man movie... the FX guys tried to get the car to do what they needed to do... but the car had other ideas... check it out... goes to show just how good the engineers at Audi are. :D
[yt]CE1gjUAXtzo[/yt]

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have to say that i had not heard of Iron Man until recently.....so didn't grow up it. I have to say i thought they did a really awesome job of converting the comic book to a relatively reality based movie......

A great movie and one i would have no problem seeing again.....
Yup - I've seen it twice ... and I get to go see it again! :D

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thor could be interesting...

I noticed they talked about doing Captain America. I think that'd be like the third or fourth attempt... Movies and TV just have never really done right by Cap, so I'm afraid that my expectations there aren't so good.

If the Avengers is in the works, then Marvel might want to think about how they are going to lay out any other projects involving Avengers characters. It would be good to see a movie for each of the characters before an Avengers film, afterall, they already have Iron Man and the Hulk (remember he wa san original Avenger).

As for Captain America, I have been a fan for a long time and this would be the fourth go 'round for a film. It was expected for next year but looks like those plans have been moved back to fit some sort of schedule. Given how good Iron Man is a hope they can finally do justice to the Captain.

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Given the current political climate both here and abroad Captain America is going to be a *VERY* difficult character to sell.

I just hope they don't screw up with getting it across that he's supposed to embody what America's ideals are *supposed* to be and not what any government or administration , from any period, has claimed them to be.

And they've got to have at least *PART* of the movie set in WWII or his character and what makes him who he is will be lost.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Iron Man was a great movie. Well written and excelently played by Downey Jr. Thank goodness Nicholas Cage and Tom Cruise didn't get the role of Starks.

As far as Ant-Man goes.....I hope it gots no further than it already has.

I can hear the collective groans of another Capt. America movie. Very hard movie to do and casting makes it even more harder. I heard Matt Damon's name was floating around for the part.

I would forgo all superhero movies from Marvel if they would site and do a trilogy based on the Civil War comic storyline.

Marvel should work on having actors from its other movies have little cameo's here and there in other superhero movies. i.e. Tony Stark has a cameo in the new Incredible Hulk movie.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
You guys liked Civil War?

I found it ripped out the very foundations of what superhero comics are about. The superheroes who were not betrayed and outed by Iron Man ended up as superpowered civil servants. no longer were they servants of justice, they became law enforcement professionals subject to the whims of senior officials and politicians.

It may have been a rollicking good ride but it left a very bad taste in my mouth. And the writer claims to be a fan of Iron Man. If that was the case why did he turn him into a Nazi?

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't like Tony Stark in that series, but I thought as literature it was very well done for teh genre. It certainly engaged my interest, and it would definitely make for a good trilogy.

Latest Discussions