Iron Man!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We saw it last night. It was great! I definitely recommend this movie. Be sure to stay until the end of the credits!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Charlie is off to see it tonight. One of the few films I have seen him get excited about in a long time. I'll wait a few days to go see it (I hate the long lines to get in)

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
I was frightened when I first heard they were making it, then saw the trailer, and then heard a review, and am now making time for it this weekend.

It seems they have messed but very little with Tony Stark's personality/transformation and changed only the timeline, which makes me very happy because Iron Man's story is especially relevant right now.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it appropriate for say an 8 year old?
icon5.gif

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm...there's no nudity but we do see him in bed with a woman or two and one time is pretty, er, energetic, and she stays the night. Most of the violence is non-bloody but there are some things related to his heart injury that are somewhat disturbing. When he's kidnapped in Afghanistan there are some tense moments and torture and some terrorists are shot dead pretty coldly; a father in Afghanistan is dragged off to be shot in front of his kids. Much of the rest of the Iron Man violence is sort of like the Transformers movie--intense but not bloody.

Eh, I'm not sure about an 8-year old. I'd be somewhat leery of it. Please get another opinion!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm...there's no nudity but we do see him in bed with a woman or two and one time is pretty, er, energetic, and she stays the night. Most of the violence is non-bloody but there are some things related to his heart injury that are somewhat disturbing. When he's kidnapped in Afghanistan there are some tense moments and torture and some terrorists are shot dead pretty coldly; a father in Afghanistan is dragged off to be shot in front of his kids. Much of the rest of the Iron Man violence is sort of like the Transformers movie--intense but not bloody.

Eh, I'm not sure about an 8-year old. I'd be somewhat leery of it. Please get another opinion!

Thanks a bunch. It does sound to much!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
icon5.gif
It's hard to find a good film that you can take a kid... but your own values determine yea or nay...

Try looking at www.screenit.com and see if they haven't put the movie up ... just click on no-thanks when they ask you to join (bottom of first screen) then movies and then scroll down...
They break the movie down piece by piece and yeah tell you what's up so if you don't mind spoilers of a sort then that's a good one to go to.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I JUST saw it and it is AWESOME...

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Marvel mines more precious metal with `Iron Man 2'

Marvel Studios announced Monday it will release "Iron Man 2" on April 30, 2010, following the success of the first in the comic-book franchise, which pulled in $104.2 million domestically since opening last Thursday and $201 million worldwide.

Four other films based on Marvel superheroes also were announced: "Thor," due out June 4, 2010; "The First Avenger: Captain America," May 6, 2011; "The Avengers," July 2011; and "Ant-Man," which is in development but has no release date.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
icon5.gif

**WARNING - POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

It really depends on the 8 year old. I'm taking my 9 year old to see it, but he's rather mature for 9 ... there are just a couple of parts I don't want him to see and will make him cover his face for..

There is some *kinda mild* war violence - I don't want him to see all of that yet. You don't see guts or brains or too much blood or dismemberment, just a few explosions, a few people getting shot, and a father about to be shot in front of his son and a hostage message. You don't see the wounds or blood spatter.

There is one scene where a man and woman roll around on the bed a bit, but no real ratable nudity - it's almost comical.

I'd say if you'd let your kid see Indiana Jones, you could bring him to this movie.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'd say if you'd let your kid see Indiana Jones, you could bring him to this movie.
That is EXACTLY the kind of answer I needed! I have the day off Wednesday, he has a minimum day at school, the movie starts at 2:05, we are so there!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

hmm... Ant-Man... well that could be okay if done alright. He never really had his own series except for a brief time before he was regulated to the Avengers. The story will probably have to be the main driving force behind this particular Marvel hero.
The Vision is one I wouldn't mind seeing, though he was likewise regulated to being an Avenger as well.
The really tough one is probably going to be Thor. One of my favorites and it's going to be tough to not to make it all hokey since he talks in Thee's and Thou's.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmm... Ant-Man... well that could be okay if done alright. He never really had his own series except for a brief time before he was regulated to the Avengers. The story will probably have to be the main driving force behind this particular Marvel hero.
The Vision is one I wouldn't mind seeing, though he was likewise regulated to being an Avenger as well.
The really tough one is probably going to be Thor. One of my favorites and it's going to be tough to not to make it all hokey since he talks in Thee's and Thou's.
Thor could be interesting...

I noticed they talked about doing Captain America. I think that'd be like the third or fourth attempt... Movies and TV just have never really done right by Cap, so I'm afraid that my expectations there aren't so good.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If they are going to do Thor, they really ought to give a cameo to Maia Brewton.
(The little girl from Adventures in Babysitting...)

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Someone posted some interesting news about War Machine and IM2 here. Sounds like The Mandarin will play an increased role, which I'm glad to hear!

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Well the fact they called the terrorist group "The Ten Rings" really couldn't have been a more obvious giveaway that they'd set the stage for the Mandarin :).

Now THAT is gonna be a very tough villain to modernize...........

I have now seen it twice and will post my review shortly :)

Latest Discussions