ip man movie

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
loved this movie. Donnie yen was very good and convincing in his role. The fight scene with the ten fighters was awesome.

He played a great role. The movie was much more than I thought it would be, is a movie I will watch many times again, and Donnie looks very very similar in appearance apparently.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yea, that movie was great! I watched it when it first came out in China, I can't wait for Ip Man 2 (Hong Kong) I guess its rumored that Stephen Fung may reprise his role as Bruce Lee in the next Ip Man movie. Either way its bound to be awesome!

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Domino,
Yea its rumored so far to have some of the top students of Ip Man prtrayed including Leung Seung, Wong Sheun Leung, Bruce Lee. Most likely a ton more but that's the only ones I've heard of so far. Can't wait!

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ah I see, various students sounds good. I like the sound of it.
But I thought Ip Man 2 would be about Bruce, however it says on wikipedia will be a 3rd installment :

"For the third installment, Yip and Yen are reportedly planning a worldwide talent scout for a suitable candidate to play Lee, who is Ip's most celebrated disciple. They are also debating over whether to look for an actor with solid martial arts foundation or looks.

When asked who would play Lee, Yip said that either Taiwanese pop star Jay Chou or Cantopop singer Aaron Kwok would be possibilities. Also for looks, Yip said that they could use Danny Chan Kwok Kwan who previously played as Bruce Lee in the series,
The Legend of Bruce Lee: "Aaron Kwok will bring his unique qualities to the role of Bruce Lee. Jay Chou will bring his unique qualities. Danny Chan Kwok Kwan will bring in his unique qualities including the looks. I will prepare a different script for each actor and see who is interested.""

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Apologies Acehbk,
Already made a post about the Ip Man 2 movie.
(Didn't read that thread...)

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like it should be pretty solid for the 3rd installment however Jay Chou & Aaron Kwok are both great singers/decent actors but I don't know if they have what it takes to play Bruce. I would think as mentioned either Stephen Fung, Danny Chan or even Wu Jing may be decent candidates. Personally I would prefer someone with a solid Martial Arts background as opposed to a c-pop idol. But hey that's just me, besides its not like we'll never see Jay or Aaron again if they don't play in this movie... should be interesting.

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like it should be pretty solid for the 3rd installment however Jay Chou & Aaron Kwok are both great singers/decent actors but I don't know if they have what it takes to play Bruce. I would think as mentioned either Stephen Fung, Danny Chan or even Wu Jing may be decent candidates. Personally I would prefer someone with a solid Martial Arts background as opposed to a c-pop idol. But hey that's just me, besides its not like we'll never see Jay or Aaron again if they don't play in this movie... should be interesting.

I agree with your choice totally. Wu Jing maybe.
But 3rd installment, Ip Man 2 to come, and a 3rd also ?

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the movie. But, it did add it's own touch on it to portray certain elements. The final fight scene reminded me too much of Jet Li's Fearless (not the coreography, but the reason for it).

My hope is that enough people get it here in the US and make it popular enough that they will do a US theatrical release for the 2nd one.

As others have pointed out, there are certain elements that weren't completely accurate. In the movie they show him independantly wealthy, and in fact he worked as a police officer during that time. Other things I don't want to say without giving a plot spoiler.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the movie. But, it did add it's own touch on it to portray certain elements. The final fight scene reminded me too much of Jet Li's Fearless (not the coreography, but the reason for it).

My hope is that enough people get it here in the US and make it popular enough that they will do a US theatrical release for the 2nd one.

As others have pointed out, there are certain elements that weren't completely accurate. In the movie they show him independantly wealthy, and in fact he worked as a police officer during that time. Other things I don't want to say without giving a plot spoiler.

Yea, That would be awesome!
However most likely I'll be back in China by the time its released, but if not that would be great! Probably won't happen but who knows.

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
finally saw it, really liked it. ready to see some kung fu flicks that don't play up nationalism & anti-japanese sentiment though.

jf

Stickgrappler

Purple Belt
Reaction score
hello:

*bows deeply to all*

although not as good as the site (http://www.wing-chun.ws/index.php?op...ents&Itemid=58. ) wingc posted with the youtube vids, i made 3 animated gif's of some of the chain punching.

enjoy!

25g9hfq.jpg

2hrhb3k.jpg

2mw766b.jpg

very truly yours in the MA,

~sg

TinTin_57

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Also the film is due to be released in the UK on Bluray in September. It will definately be on my shopping list. I really did enjoy the film.

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
I just didnt expect it to be so well done, I have your Math' to thank for that !

Latest Discussions