ip man movie

OP
N

naneek

Green Belt
Reaction score
yeah i saw the trailers man they look cool, looks like it will be subtitled but i prefer that over dubbed anyway!

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Where's Australia ? :D

Ain't Australia that place that's like Texas, 'cept with Kangaroos... and it's even bigger? ... and the people talk almost as funny?

Oh, and they have the good sense to keep their village idiots at home!!!

OK, now I'll pull down my sombrero and go back to sleep under my cactus... (I'm a native Arizona boy)

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ain't Australia that place that's like Texas, 'cept with Kangaroos... and it's even bigger? ... and the people talk almost as funny?

Oh, and they have the good sense to keep their village idiots at home!!!

OK, now I'll pull down my sombrero and go back to sleep under my cactus... (I'm a native Arizona boy)

Speaking of village idiots one of yours escaped .
We have the pleasure of Paris Hilton visiting us down here at the moment .

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Paris Hilton is down with you...I hope you guys not drolling over her too hard...

Did you see Paris Hilton in the movie the Hottie and Nottie...it was a great movie...Where this guy is totally inloved with paris...He finally gets to her bed room and discovers he wants her ugly friend more than her...its strange actually I didn't get it at all?

lol

ote=mook jong man;1098420]Speaking of village idiots one of yours escaped .
We have the pleasure of Paris Hilton visiting us down here at the moment .[/quote]

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Normally I don't watch videos on the internet.. but I feel slightly justified in doing so because I will be buying it the moment I can lay my hands on it.. ip man is.. awesome.. very good movie.. I highly reccomend it to all!

Eru Ilúvatar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Cant wait for it! Did anyone watch the WC series with Sammo Hung and the guy that played Leung Tsan in The prodigal son? Pretty new.. I wonder if it's any good. Would like to get it somehow...

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bet it will be straight to DVD in the UK.

I may annoy my local Cineworld and ask them if they are screening it.

Wont hold my breath.

Sure it will be a good yarn though, trailer on Youtube looks well made and a bit of WC actually in the film.

http://www.ipman-movie.com/

Any other WC films you guys can recommend?

Last edited:

dungeonworks

Black Belt
Reaction score
Normally I don't watch videos on the internet.. but I feel slightly justified in doing so because I will be buying it the moment I can lay my hands on it.. ip man is.. awesome.. very good movie.. I highly reccomend it to all!

Was it a biography or more of a "nearly unrelated to reality story" such as "The Dragon Story" and Bruce Lee? If it isn't at all factual, I don't care to see it. The Hong Kong wire fighting movies are a dime a dozen. I would like to know more about Ip Man.

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If you want to know more about Wing Chun pick up a book or contact his family!!!

If you want know more about Wing Chun consult a qualified Sifu...

If you want to see Wing Chun get media attention and support its spread then go an see Ip man the Movie...Support Wing Chun if you a wing chun practioner!

Was it a biography or more of a "nearly unrelated to reality story" such as "The Dragon Story" and Bruce Lee? If it isn't at all factual, I don't care to see it. The Hong Kong wire fighting movies are a dime a dozen. I would like to know more about Ip Man.

OP
N

naneek

Green Belt
Reaction score
dungeonworks i think there is an autobiography or biography (cant remember which is right term) book about yip man

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
It seems to have the "general story" from the little i've been told in it.. it's not non stop wire fighting in any event. There were bits and pieces that were factual.. but I don't think it's really.. the best thing to watch if that is what you seek.. It's still pretty awesome to see wing tzun used in a martial arts movies in this way

dungeonworks

Black Belt
Reaction score
If you want to know more about Wing Chun pick up a book or contact his family!!!

If you want know more about Wing Chun consult a qualified Sifu...

If you want to see Wing Chun get media attention and support its spread then go an see Ip man the Movie...Support Wing Chun if you a wing chun practioner!

IF you want to know more about a movie to see if it is something worth seeing, then ask someone who seen it. (which I just did)

I have a qualified sifu, know of a few books, and I really could care less about media support. I have no interest in a made up story about Ip Man. I have no interest in the politics of Wing Chun or any martial art and see no point in supporting just another Hong Kong wire flying movie when there are millions of them. I am however interested in learning more about Ip Man. I could and have asked my Sifu about Ip Man since his son is his Sifu, but since the topic was about the movie and my question was actally directed to someone that already seen it, I thought my question was fair and clear enough.

dungeonworks

Black Belt
Reaction score
It seems to have the "general story" from the little i've been told in it.. it's not non stop wire fighting in any event. There were bits and pieces that were factual.. but I don't think it's really.. the best thing to watch if that is what you seek.. It's still pretty awesome to see wing tzun used in a martial arts movies in this way

Cool. So the fighting scenes were actually technical in their portrayal of Wing Chun?

Thanks!

Latest Discussions