interview

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm off for an interview for a new job today... keep me in your thoughts and prayers!

I get so freaking nervous about these types of things... slept something like 4 hours and could not stay asleep. Stomach hurting all day. Go figure! I just wish I could reduce the nervousness a bit. Same kind of thing for major events... wedding, graduation, thesis defense, etc...

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good luck! You'll do great. You wouldn't be there if they didn't think you were the right person for the job.

Just remember to breathe - it will calm you down if you get too worked up.

Let us know how it went.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I feel your pain as I've been there..The BEST of luck..Keep us posted..

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck!
icon14.gif

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Break a leg!

Isn't that more for theater performances than job interviews? Although I've seen a few interviewees who put on good performances... :)

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
well, went good and bad... I interviewed with a contracting company that had the position, but it had been filled. The good thing is they are going to find me ones a bit more relevant to my experience, so that is a good thing :) Got some free software to study (worth a good 1k), so thats good :) Oh, the joy of job hunting :) The guy really liked my work, so that was good...

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thats good, the job had been filled but they still liked you, it's very promising!

Well done, you must have impressed. :)

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats!

Did they give you a time-line on when they would find that position for you?

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thats good, the job had been filled but they still liked you, it's very promising!

Well done, you must have impressed. :)
well, its kind of odd... I've never interviewed with a hiring manager and not gotten the position. It's sometimes just getting that interview thats the hard part. You see someone on a resume and don't get that much of a grasp of someone. However, get into a conversation with someone and you start getting a grasp of their breadth of knowledge, you know? It seems people actually meeting me want me, such as this guy that had the contract.

oh well :) things will work out :)

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats!

Did they give you a time-line on when they would find that position for you?
I wish :( He is going to talk with the hiring company. He knows some guys that did similar work to my thesis. I'm hoping that will go well. There is also a possibility they will create a custom position for me, but thats up in the air... We will see... Keeping those fingers crossed!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, its kind of odd... I've never interviewed with a hiring manager and not gotten the position. It's sometimes just getting that interview thats the hard part. You see someone on a resume and don't get that much of a grasp of someone. However, get into a conversation with someone and you start getting a grasp of their breadth of knowledge, you know? It seems people actually meeting me want me, such as this guy that had the contract.

oh well :) things will work out :)
Sounds like, for whatever reason, they'd already filled the job - but still interviewed you. Maybe it was just one of those "we're going through the motions but this guy has the job" things...

BUT - they still are looking to hire you, it sounds like! That's great... And it beats all hell out of being number 4 on the list when they hire 3 -- which happened to me more than once.

Latest Discussions